Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Indigo children?

User Thread
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Indigo children?
Anybody know anything about this indigo children stuff?
This video appears to have been removed

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 51yrs • F •

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 51yrs • F •
The circle of truth

I sit within the circle,
the circle of truth.
Amid a swarm of faces
who never give out proof.
I try to look around me
but cannot quite focus on
what is behind the circle's edge,
the truth that lies beyond.

And now beins the lesson,
the reason children sit
within the circle's world of dreams
where they so neatly fit.

The subject of the lesson
is to control what is within,
to capture our true innocence
and disregard all sin.

Each child stands in the middle,
their essence to be found.
The mind and soul a riddle
around each life is wound.

Now I stand in the circle
all eyes are turned to me.
I must release my power
and set my spirit free.

I know I will awake soon,
the circle will be gone
and all the children with it,
but we will always be as one.

Sorceress(age 12 years)

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My family had never heard of the term Indigo Child when I was growing up, but they always knew I was different for obvious and not so obvious reasons. I've done extensive research into the traits and characteristics of Indigo Children and I certainly fit the term. I'm no artist, but I had many visions as a child which at the time I just assumed everyone had. I still have them and I see Chakras and other strange things happen to me. I meditate a lot.

I think any child is capable of reaching limits far beyond what we perceive as possible and when a child is surrounded by people who they themselves truly believe this, they will move beyond the norm.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 51yrs • F •
This whole thing is slightly freaking me out, and if you knew me, trully knew me you would know why. For example, I wrote a book a few years ago called "Dawn's Greeting" which is a science fiction story but actually it looks like it is describing the potential of this phenomenon. I am going to post the first few chapters of the book on this site.

68yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chiron is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I could draw and paint much better than most at a young age, and I still have ‘visions' although they were more frequent when I was much younger.

My definition of having a ‘vision' is this: When I close my eyes I see another world in every single tiny detail exactly as if I myself were actually there. I see as if I am looking through my own eyes, yet what I see has no bearing on my own actual experience in this life.

And it's rather like inadvertently picking up a foreign radio frequency… as if all of our experiences were no more than bundled cables of energy and information (just like computer cables) and I randomly connect with some of these.

Its not being clairvoyant or anything, and although I have been told that I am a so-called “indigo-child”
I (being cynically minded) think its more likely the result of an over active imagination OR (more likely) some actual evidence that we have simultaneous time frames of existences/experiences.

In other words, it is quite possible that we all exist simultaneously in many different forms, which is why great teachers have always said that we are quite literally all connected as One… and perhaps this is more literal than we can handle so we block it out to single individual experiences.

My so-called ‘visions' are things I can see and experiences that I do feel familiar with, yet they have absolutely no correlation with anything I have ever experienced in my life.

Sometimes I have found myself deep inside a jungle (maybe the Amazon or such â€' I don't know, because I've never been there), but I see remarkable details of faces, the bark on the trees, insects, dirt, animals and any other thing. I am amazed as I see the light slanting down through the trees and everything in 3D Technicolor.

Yet when I open my eyes, I am immediately returned to this life before me. Then if I close my eyes again, it's as if the scene has unfolded in my absence and I need to adjust my bearings to the now unfolding scene and the now added presence of animals or others.

Its not like watching a movie as some say, but like actually being there! ..except I am not aware of my own body, and I seem to be seeing and experiencing life passively through the eyes/experience of another, regardless of race, gender, or time frame. Just as if I were accidentally visiting some other life that is busy going on.
Its like tripping, only I don't need to take drugs to do it, lol.

Sorceress, your poem is really lovely!
But I have to say I squirmed when I watched the second video… and those random tourists just love to come to Africa and do this sort of thing. The kid comes across like a ventriloquists puppet, spouting western sentiments all the while his eyes reveal the shifty self-consciousness of one who watches and waits expectantly for the due payment to come once he has performed his tricks.

Poverty-stricken 3rd world Africans all over have turned their children over to being whores that will do anything tourists ask, in a desperate attempt to earn a living.
You can see it in their eyes and body language, and it makes me sick to my stomach. But you'd need to be living in Africa to be aware of it, I imagine it might look quite different through foreign eyes.

And as far as Arkaine goes… I know her stuff is very popular, but it's very chocolate-boxy. And I'm wondering whether she thinks God is into chocolate-boxy art?
Sorry to be so cynical, but your poem is actually way better than her paintings are.

Also remember that these days with the help of computer technology, you'd be amazed at the technical proficiency a 10-year-old child can achieve with drawing and painting… given the right software and projection equipment, they could easily achieve what she has done.
The tell is in what they actually do with it all. And although chocolate-box sentiments are highly marketable, I am betting that God is actually way beyond this or any Arkaine-like imagination.

Like I say, apologies for my cynicism. Its not to spoil anyone else's enjoyment of things, but just to say that whenever anyone claims God's voice or instruction in either their words or deeds, you will usually find that what they're up to is less than kosher...

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, you see Indigo Children are said to have been born from the late 70s to the mid to late 80s. Following them are the Crystal children. I think people are confusing "paranormal" phenomenon with real progression as a species. I don't think this concept of their being a group of children with more empathetic tendencies is at all new, its just never been given a label before. Each generation has a group of children that behave similarly to Indigo Children. Each generation has a group which behaves in an opposite manner to these children. And like I was saying before, when the people around them (particularly adults) truly believe that the child is somehow different and/or unique those children will exceed the norm. It's not that this Arkaine girl is superior to the rest of our species, she is just in a circumstance that has fostered her abilities to the fullest extent.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 68yrs • F •
quote:
I don't think this concept of their being a group of children with more empathetic tendencies is at all new, its just never been given a label before

Exactly right imo. Another thing is that by labeling any group as indigo/crystal/gifted or any such thing is to try and set them apart from others as better or whatever. This is a false manipulation of events usually for some sort of financial gain.

In truth all living beings have these 'supernatural' traits perhaps lying dormant, but nevertheless available. Indeed whole generations of people once survived exclusively on such traits as esp.

Now all of a sudden those people (in Wyote's video) want you to believe that this is some unique evolution of the species. I don't think this concept of there being a group of children with more empathetic tendencies is at all new, its just never been given this particular label before.

Ancient mystics must be looking back at us now and shacking their heads!

51yrs • F •
I can understand where you are coming from Chiron, its hard when you see young people being exploited for their innocence. Maybe it is just that innocence and vulnerability that makes people hope there is something to this promise of an evolutional shift in humanity. The hope that mankind will return to some sort of utopian existence in an Eden on Earth where like children we will live happily in peace and harmony, carefree and dreamlike away from all the evils of today's societies.

You can't blame people for wanting a better life for humanity and they see the children as the answer as they are our future as it were.

And we are to some extent already like children blindly blundering around in the darkness looking for a light switch so we can see where we are and where we are going. These children who have amazing potential are like little lights
and we are like little moths captivated by their bright energy.

Long may their innocence last.

68yrs • F •
quote:
You can't blame people for wanting a better life for humanity and they see the children as the answer as they are our future as it were.

True, and I don't blame them for this.
My objection as such is against any exploitation of children whatsoever, and in this particular video I see a cute child being posed and scripted for the purpose of providing western middle class viewers with a warm-fuzzy feeling about the way the world is. While his world is poverty-stricken and we shouldn't be feeling good here.

And this is not entirely unlike those people who in Victorian times used to visit the poverty-stricken slums to make pictures of cute urchins in the streets that then became highly popular amongst the middle classes.

This kid is a poverty stricken urchin who is being coached on the video to express the kind of sentiments middle class westerners want to hear in order to experience a warm fuzzy feeling about life in general.

Not that the video-maker is trying to do any harm as such and I don't doubt that he was well meaning. But he nevertheless uses this child to market middle class western sentiments about life and Utopia that are not his own truth. I think the child is quite obviously being coached from the wings to present a picture for our consumption, while the truth of his own life is a lot harsher and has no place for sentiment.

When you visit most African countries you'll find kids like him already having to eke out a living any way they can because the older members of the family have died from Aids for example. It's frighteningly common and I for one would die of shame to ask any one of them to say something that might help us to envision:

quote:
some sort of utopian existence in an Eden on Earth where like children we will live happily in peace and harmony, carefree and dreamlike away from all the evils of today's societies.

51yrs • F •
Aren't such children aloud to have dreams of a brighter future?
What is wrong with wanting to envision such a future for our children's children?
Surely hope is a commodity free even in the third world!

Indigo children?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy