Finite players play within boundaries; infinite players play with boundaries. - iSOUGHT|THOUGHT
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Re: Chinese People

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Chinese people are actually bad drivers. One of them even almost killed me with their bad driving techniques and yes this women didn't speak a word of english. I don't care what anyone says behind every sterotype there lies truth and the truth is chinese people's genes makes them suck at driving.

A person once told me that chinese people sucked at driving because they never grew up with it. Chinese people that grew up in Canada or the United States are fine drivers. This is because they've been more open towards it they played with toy cars when they were kids they played driving video games and they witnessed cars and been in cars or buses their whole lives. However those that are first generation or just immigrated from china completely suck at driving and it's because they've never practised in any form. I also think that perhaps chinese people may just only be good at math.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ChokingV is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
1. i think jacker_jones is an idiot and basing his idea's off of moronic notions of what the country of china must be like and not actual facts. do you honestly think that there are no cars in china? yes, i'm sure that most people in major cities don't own cars because it is probably overcrowded like most cities, but that doesn't mean they're an idiot and don't know how to drive. this makes what you SAID racist, wether or not you take that as an insult or a compliment, well, that decides if YOU are racist.

2. as far as decius is concerned, yes, he is generalizing, but it's for the sake of argument, he's simply generalizing for the sake of making the question easier to understand, and probably a little bit of laziness seeing as how no one would want to write out the question in such a way as to make it seem completely not racist. and by the way, gratz to decius for having the balls to be blunt about it and just throw those questions out there. everyone is slightly racist and ethnocentric, life would be a lot easier if people just admitted this.

"i don't like the idea of "nothingness", it makes me anxious"
 36yrs • M •
Choking V you do know that most people in China don't own cars but they do own rice. Rice doesn't help them learn how to drive though usually practising driving does...

35yrs • M •
there are civilized places in china, including suburbs and stuff like that. and because china's government is becoming more and more lenient over time lots of businesses are moving there and many more are cropping up. meaning that there are more and more civilized areas growing. you're entirely wrong when you say that most chinese people don't own cars. yes, they have a smaller percentage of the overall population that own cars compared to some other countries, but that's also because they have such a huge population. take some time to look up the economic status of china before you go spewing ignorance out your ass.

36yrs • M •
I'm not saying China is not civilized. I'm not saying China's economy isn't growing at a rapid rate. What I'm saying is that in China they own less automobiles. You seem to agree with that. In fact you probably looked at the article Motor Vehicles in China: The Impact of Demographic and Economic Changes.

quote:
yes, they have a smaller percentage of the overall population that own cars compared to some other countries, but that's also because they have such a huge population

It is assumed that China has a larger population than North America. It is also assumed that a smaller percentage of the overall population own cars. Therefore there are less automobiles per capita in China than in North America. If there are less automobiles per capita in China than in North America than there are less people per capita driving automobiles in China than in North America. If there are less people per capita driving in China than in North America than people from China per capita get less practise than people per capita from North America. The more you practise the better you get at something. Therefore because people from China per capita get less practise than people per capita from North America people from China per capita are not as good at driving than people per capita from North America

68yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chiron is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Its impatience and irritability that is the problem here and not whether you or your peers approve of the way Chinese people drive.

Get used to it! They are all set to be the next economic world power, and who knows you just might get a job in one of their sweatshops one day .

36yrs • M •
Impatience and irritability? No i'm afraid the problem lies deeper than that. What people forget is how far you travel in one second in an auto mobile. When you have to wait 30 seconds for someone at an intersection it's like half a kilometer! Not to mention bad driving is dangerous. This is why we people get irritated and why they get impatient it's not the problem it's the reaction to the circumstances. First comes the bad driving then comes the irritability and impatience.

35yrs • M •
while i still disagree with you, jacker, i have to admit that you are spelling out your arguement very well and i respect you for it. the only reason i still disagree is just that i don't think you can really just downsize people into statistics and numbers. i can definitly see where you're coming from now, though.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
They really are bad drivers. EVERY time I'm driving and I see somebody doing something just completely and utterly dumb, I think to myself "Hmmm I bet its an asian". I drive by and whattya know, it is.

You know those people who pull out from roads, right infront of you, when you are coming, and there obviously isnt enough time for them to get upto speed, and you have to slow down so you dont mash into their rear bumper, always asians.

And its the same thing with the asians that turn right infront of you and you almost tbone them.

Now whats odd, is that asians are also some of the best drivers. If any of you are familiar with the japanese sport drifting, you'll know what I mean. Those guys are nutty... flying into corners doing a buck and sliding just sidewayz all the way around.... /jealous.

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy