Just like the Rainbow between the Mist and Sun, it feels like I'm trapped between two worlds. - Hammerfall-Between Two Worlds
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

My Chemical Romance

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My Chemical Romance
These are the best songs I have heard by this band

1. Mama
2. Teenagers
This video appears to have been removed

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
[  Edited by Wyote at   ]
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Have you listened to any of their older stuff? Like stuff from "I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love" or "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge"? I personally HATE pretty much every song on their new album sadly... but love all their old work. I went to one of their concerts just recently... may 22nd I think it was, and it seems like with their new album they have gained a HUGE fanbase of kids ages like 10-14... it is was really odd to see such young kids in the audience, when basically all their song lyrics can actually be pretty brutal... not so much on their new album, but still. I don't know, just my thoughts.

edit : I shouldn't say I hate all the songs on their new album, there are some that are decent, I guess I should just say I enjoy their older work better.

The song is Skylines and Turnstiles... from what I've read and seen in the MCR DvD (Life on the Murder Scene), it was one of Gerards first songs he ever wrote, inspired by the tragedy of 9-11. On the dvd he talks about how he was on a ferry going to work, to draw for the cartoon network I believe, when the planes hit the buildings. And I guess he bascially saw it all, people jumping out of the buildings and everything. So pretty heavy stuff... just one of my favorites. Very different sound then their new stuff.

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
All 14 year olds are obsessed with rock stars.

I went back and looked and it turns out I had heard almost all of their songs. Strange since I'm not a big fan or anything. Anywho, I listened to the other few I hadn't heard and here is what I have to say. Their first album is decent, and I don't really understand why their second album is the one that made them so popular. None of their old stuff really gets me jumping out of my seat or anything but I did find one song that made me understand what it is I like about MCR. Gerard's anger and cynicism. It's highly addictive. I don't really feel anything from the songs that are sad or inspirational or whatever other emotions they try to convey, but when it's all about anger I'm into it.

Best "old" song in my opinion -
Our Lady of Sorrows

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
My Chemical Romance
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy