"Each of us makes his own weather, determines the color of the skies in the emotional universe which he inhabits. - " Fulton Sheen"
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Summer of Threes

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Summer of Threes
Ocean's 13
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Shrek the Third
Spider-man 3
The Bourne Ultimatum
Rush Hour 3

There are so many trilogies being created this summer that you'd think one of them would be awesome, but you'd probably be wrong. I don't think any of these films have been particularly bad so far, but they haven't been great either.

Spider-man irritated me the most, with the introduction of "emo-spidey" and a severe lack of Venom scenes which is what the fans went to the movie for. This trilogy is mostly a waste. Watching the final twenty minutes or so of each movie is the only great thing about them. Make sure it's on mute.

Pirates was alright, which was the problem. The final movie in a trilogy should have something completely mind blowing or jump out of your seat awesome. The coolest thing in the trilogy is the Kraken and we get to see it laying dead on a beach for two seconds in At World's End. The humor and action are strong as ever, but it's just more of the same. I don't like seeing the same movie twice, much less three times.

Shrek has simply deteriorated, they ran out of truly original ideas after the first film.

Ocean's 13 was amazingly enjoyable. The script wasn't complete garbage like 12. But again the problem here is that it's like watching Ocean's 11. You expect a clever twist like 11, but you've already seen the twist. This movie ends up like a giant promotion for Las Vegas.

The last two on that list will also be more of the same, but if you liked the first two - and most people did - then I'm guessing you'll enjoy the third.

If you haven't got your fill of watching repeats I suggest you check these out this summer too:

Live Free or Die Hard
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
28 Weeks Later
Hostel Part II
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Evan Almighty

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
Summer of Threes
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy