Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

my problem with anarchists

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ChokingV is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
so yesterday i was at a poetry slam and a line in one kids poem said "true anarchists know that nothing causes more chaos and disorder than random acts of kindness". i was thinking about this and i realized that this is why i don't like most anarchists. Most of the anarchists that i know are just not nice people, plain and simple. this is part of the reason why i don't think anarchy would work (aside from any 'obvious' reasons)

"i don't like the idea of "nothingness", it makes me anxious"
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Actually... anarchy is a type of government - that is - no government at all. Most anarchists (not the angry kids you're talking about who only have a vague clue of what it really is) today, although they are very few, are under the impression that government is an evil which is the cause of all bad human behavior. They believe human beings are inherently social creatures and would be happiest without the structure of government. I can't imagine any intelligent anarchist to believe anything different, I mean, who would want to live in complete chaos?

"The truth will set you on fire"
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Whether it's right or wrong depends on your view of what humans are like in the state of nature.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 35yrs • M •
what i'm saying though is that, of those people who aren't just angry kids, the ones that have done their research and settled into a more refined view of anarchism (anarcho-syndicalism or whatnot), they're still just generally assholes. how can you honestly expect to achieve something so big like that when you yourself are slamming other people and constantly dragging them down to push yourself up? it just seems so hypocritical to me.

35yrs • M •
i guess in the end my problem is with people who claim they're trying to make a difference in the world to make it better and whatnot, no matter how they intend to do that, but then those same people are hypocrits and assholes. i just don't understand why people are assholes i guess. i don't understand how you can just completely disreguard the feelings and thoughts of entire peoples. idk. this kind of thing has been bugging me for the past few days. i can't stop thinking about it because i see it everywhere. frankly, it bugs the shit out of me.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy