Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Elijah

User Thread
 44yrs • M
Zion is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Elijah
Elijah - This is A prophet of god. He killed 450 priests of baal and there women and children.

You wanna know why? Well, Elijah said that god told him to do it. So that clearly makes it ok.

However god dident commite genocide because god cannot sin, This is clear? So if your a devout christian. It is apparent to me that as long as someone kills someone in the name of god it's ok? This is confusing for me.

Maybe god really dident speak to elijah? But if he dident then there's no more telling which part of the bible to believe and which part not to.

Hmmmm. Im gonna say Im a prophet. "Everybody god talks to me! Are you gonna write a book about me or throw me in the looney bin?" Please discuss this with me.

44yrs • M
Zion is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Good point.
However now adays. I would get shot or start some sort of war or something If i killed a bunch of people in the name of my god.

Let me think What day. Yes, yes god is telling me. September 11th. Yeah I should go out and kill a bunch of people that way ill be a hero...

Not!

Relegion promotes narrow minded obedience. Which in turn promotes wars.

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Of course the bible both old and new testament was written by men not God. It may have been written by men who were inspired by God to write, but still only written by men. Also the new testament is just that - testaments - peoples' individual accounts of and letters about what they have witnessed. Some of them actually are supposed to have witnessed Jesus and his teachings and miracles first hand. Others like Saul or Paul are only second hand witnesses and convertees to the Christian faith. And of course lets not forget that everyone in the old testament wern't Christians at all and even Christ was a Jew. The old testament Kings are the worst examples of people of faith I have ever encountered.

However it does say in the bible that we are just human and we all sin and make mistakes - its God's forgiveness that keeps Christians going.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 44yrs • M
Good point Sorceress. I guess im trying to say. If men wrote the bible. The same men who did these things. Like Elijah.

How do we know that there not lying about anything?

How do you know there not saying a certain something just to get you to believe what they believe?

I mean if they can kill they can lie.
But i guess it all comes back to that faith.
It's all Faith.

32yrs • M •
Godblessyou is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hey, FALSE PROPHET, no where in the Scripture does it say that God told Elijah to kill the priests of Baal. They died because they had commited a sin against God which was written in the Ten Commandements: "Thou shalt have no other God before me." In the dessert in Exodus, people were killed for committing a sin against God, therefore, at this time why should it be different? (You must realize this was before the new covenant that Jesus made by dying on the cross). Therefore, if you really feel that God is 'telling you stuff', why don't you post what he 'tells' you? I'm sure everyone would love to know what the FALSE prophet has to say.

"It could be worse. I could be a mormon."
 43yrs • M •
New One is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
So you say he was doing god's Work?

And god is telling me that people should stop believing in him
Because he sure as hell has stopped believing in you.

Simpley because people keep saying there trying to do "god's work." You know by causing wars and ect

33yrs • M •
lifelight is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
ZION......
You're only looking at religion... religion. Religion is the works of man based on law- according to the bible.... In the bible it was the religious people who judged Jesus for everything he did(pharisees), who judged Paul for everything he did, who stoned paul, who killed paul, it was religious people who crucified Jesus....

the great prophets, teachers etc of God were not religious. They were rejected by the world even mostly hated by the world, many were against them, becuase man lives of the pleasures of the world not of God's will(generally). But the one who is for them is greater than those who are against them.

I cant answer your question on why God ordered to kill those people because i havent studies it perhaps he saw that their hearts would not change, but i just wanted to oppose what u said on religion.
I honestly HATE religion, i used to be religious and thats when i believed there is no God, becuase i didnt feel him, see his works or hear from him. Religion does promote war but the bible tells us not to live according to religion with God but relationship.. Big difference!!!!
anyways.... now im christian and i have felt heard and seen amazing things from and by him!!-

once you've been exposed to the holy spirit your questions will be answered. If there's no holy spirit there is no revelation. for it was the holy spirit that inspired these books of the bible to be written and notice, those who wrote it all, had in the end overcome a lifestyle of sin and were in Gods divine will.
In fact the great "Enoch" had over come sin completely and became holy and ascended.. same with Elijah i think it was. that interests me... becoming holy, can be achieved.

just thought i'd write on it.

"it's our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most"
Elijah
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy