Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Walking with eyes closed

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Walking with eyes closed
Why can't we walk with our eyes closed without being afraid to hit something? It's so hard to walk with your eyes closed, even if you know there's nothing you can hit or trip over. Is it conditioning or something we're born with?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It is most likelly conditioning, the reason being is that we learn that if we walk into things that it hurts (usually). Thus if you walk around with your eyes closed you have a higher risk of walking into something there by getting hurt. Even if we know there is nothing there, its the inate sense of I cant see where I'm going or there might be something leads us to not want to do it since we could get hurt.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
our most used sense is our ability to see. when we take that away an are unable to percieve our actions and things around us, it thows us off balance.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So that would mean that people born blind do not have an innate fear of bumping into things?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
not so much as a person born with the ability to see. a blind person's biggest concern would be their other senses of hearing and touching.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 32yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that xloobyloox is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well if you think about it, a person born blind has never had to open there eyes to see and had to close them again and fear something will hurt them. They can't really be scared because they don't know what its like to have their eyes open to wonder if its still there when they close them.

I think that makes sense lol

"Why kill the bumblebee when your the pain in the ass?"
Walking with eyes closed
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy