Great minds have purposes; others have wishes. Little minds are subdued by misfortunes; but great minds rise above them - 68 firebird
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Excerpt: From a wife and a mother and AN ANGRY MARINE

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
[quote]

*April Monday 23 2007 (23h23):
From an Angry Soldier*

I'm having the worst damn week of my whole damn life so I'm going to write this while I'm pissed off enough to do it right.

I am SICK of all this bullshit people are writing about the Iraq war. I am abso-fucking-lutely sick to death of it. What the fuck do most of you know about it? You watch it on TV and read the commentaries in the newspaper or Newsweek or whatever god damn yuppie news rag you subscribe to and think you're all such fucking experts that you can scream at each other like five year old about whether you're right or not. Let me tell you something: unless you've been there, you don't know a god damn thing about it. It you haven't been shot at in that fucking hell hole, SHUT THE FUCK UP!

How do I dare say this to you moronic war supporters who are "Supporting our Troops" and waving the flag and all that happy horse shit? I'll tell you why. I'm a Marine and I served my tour in Iraq. My husband, also a Marine, served several. I left the service six months ago because I got pregnant while he was home on leave and three days ago I get a visit from two men in uniform who hand me a letter and tell me my husband died in that fucking festering sand-pit. He should have been home a month ago but they extended his tour and now he's coming home in a box.

You fuckers and that god-damn lying sack of shit they call a president are the reason my husband will never see his baby and my kid will never meet his dad.

And you know what the most fucked up thing about this Iraq shit is? They don't want us there. They're not happy we came and they want us out NOW. We fucked up their lives even worse than they already were and they're pissed off. We didn't help them and we're not helping them now. That's what our soldiers are dying for.

Oh while I'm good and worked up, the government doesn't even have the decency to help out the soldiers whos lives they ruined. If you really believe the military and the government had no idea the veterans' hospitals were so fucked up, you are a god-damn retard. They don't care about us. We're disposable. We're numbers on a page and they'd rather forget we exist so they don't have to be reminded about the families and lives they ruined while they're sipping their cocktails at another fund raiser dinner. If they were really concerned about supporting the troops, they'd bring them home so their families wouldn't have to cry at a graveside and explain to their children why mommy or daddy isn't coming home. Because you can't explain it. We're not fighting for our country, we're not fighting for the good of Iraq's people, we're fighting for Bush's personal agenda. Patriotism my ass. You know what? My dad served in Vietnam and NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

So I'm pissed. I'm beyond pissed. And I'm going to go to my husband funeral and recieve that flag and hang it up on the wall for my baby to see when he's older. But I'm not going to tell him that his father died for the stupidty of the American government. I'm going to tell him that his father was a hero and the best man I ever met and that he loved his country enough to die for it, because that's all true and nothing will be solved by telling my son that his father was sent to die by people who didn't care about him at all.

Fuck you, war supporters, George W. Bush, and all the god damn mother fuckers who made the war possible. I hope you burn in hell.

Copyright (c) 2007 craigslist, inc,
http://bellaciao.org/en/article.php3?id_article=14777

[/qoute]

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
War Hawk Kristol Confronted By Military Wife
This video appears to have been removed

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 37yrs • M
Daneaothoc is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I will say one thing. Rebuilding Iraq Is not the United States Job. That's precisely why I didn't Join the Army 3 years ago. I scored like a 92 on the asvab...Not sure how hard that is or anything like that all that I do know is that I would have been in intelligence...so I knew my ass wouldn't be on the front lines. However I did want to be a marine or someone on the front lines but my wife wouldn't allow it.....I just know that It isn't the Iraq war that's the problem it's the idiots who are making us stay there to rebuild it. George Bush is stupid for the fact that He has some sort of hope for the Iraqi People. They simply want to kill. They don't value or cherish the life that we do. I must admit that I am some what uneducated on the topic of who exactly wants us to stay there and rebuild it and why. George Bush from what I can understand would be labled a MONSTER even more so than now if he left Iraq to be over run by their ruthless bloodthirsty thugs that are currently Killing our soldiers. I understand your out rage......as someone who is married and you have a good reason to be pissed off. I do want our troops to come home. I dont give a shit about any of the Iraqis simply because in order to care about them we must be willing to die for them. (Or in the case of most....willing to allow some other American die for them while we watch from the comfort of our own home.) Although I must say that as a marine you should have known you would be getting shot at. Marines are trained to Kill. When you shoot at someone they will shoot back. Let him be remembered with Honor. His memory of how he died shouldn't be hidden.....We all die. His death was much more admirable and honorable than 90% of the current population of the US could ever hope for. Your anger towards the war and why we are there is understandable......But That's why you do not become a soldier unless you are prepared to die a bloody mess. In dieing in that manner however you are rewarded with an eternal honor that lasts forever. Getting cancer doesn't ripple through time as the memory of those who fought for a cause greater than themselves.(Why isn't the most important thing...he was still there to save Lives) Whether he died in a shithole filled with sand or in the Jungle...he still died a soldier. When Kids 30 years from now are reading about the Men and Women that died there they will be reading a part of what your husband was involved with. His death and actions will in one way or another always be remembered and his honor will carry on. The way you present his death to your son or daughter will also affect the way the future unfolds. Denying the past only causes greater pain in the future.

37yrs • M
Daneaothoc is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Wow I just reread your statement angry wife....You were a MARINE you made the War possible. You Signed up to be trained to Kill. Have the decency to admit YOUR part in the war. YOU were not forced into being trained by the US. YOU should have researched the way the government repays its soldiers. Thats what I did and thats why I am still a civilian. YOU need to stop blaming GEORGE BUSH. Remember we voted on this whole war thing? Remember how EVERYONE thought we should have went. Take some responsibility. Have some decency. YOU were trained to Kill. Did you think that you could sign up for a job that involves killing other human beings without the risk of being killed yourself? Take life more seriously. Your husband Died a hero. Drop the Bullshit Because your gonna die too. Your not making this world a better place. Your blaming others who are blaming others who are blaming others. YOU DID IT. YOU SIGNED UP. THE DEMOCRATS VOTED YES.THE REPUBLICANS VOTED YES.

Ask yourself this....why did everyone say yes we should go?

Did we all sit there and say....huh lets go ahead and each individually research and asses the situation.

Is he an immediate threat?Not so much

Is there the possibility he does have nukes since he wont let us look? YEAH!!!!!!!!! If he had nothing to hide he should have allowed them in.

Does he need to be taken out of power? YES

Will diplomacy work with him? NO. We tried and tried and Tried.

Where do you draw the line?????????????

Who is willing to put there life on the line to do whats needed of the US THE PROBLEM SOLVER OF THE WORLD? The people who SIGN THE FUCK UP FOR THE JOB.

So are you saying you never once considered the fact that u would one day get into the position where you would have to take a human life or risk your own before signing up?

If everyone would focus on their own misdeeds then we wouldn't have so much confusion Name calling insults and disinformation.

Honestly ask yourself this. Could you two have prevented this?

If the answer is yes then start moving forward to make this a better place do not play the blame game when you are at fault too.

37yrs • M
Iron wood do you agree with that video from that Military wife? Institute a draft? Why don't you start by Drafting the Illegal Immigrants first. If they have a right to be here then they should be forced into serving in the military too. They are here getting all the benefits of a Citizen but none of the responsibility of a citizen. That's the problem with being Illegal. You don't have to worry or care about our society or economic structure. Immigrants however DO CARE. They want to live here and make this the best country in the world. They Come here to be in a better place not use it for all it's got.

Once more. She needs to blame her husband who SIGNED up for the job. I considered what it would do to my family, I thought it through. I was very tempted to go...but the cons outweighed the pros. It is no ones fault why her husband Is gone other than his. He picked that life style. I've personally spoke to many soldiers during my 2 day adventure at MEPS .......They love the life the adventure and the pride that comes along with the job. You cannot force that sort of life on People who don't want it unless it is absolutely Needed. The war if needed...isn't a must. But you don't make preemptive strikes against the enemy with a drafted army. You take the best. You do it quick and you GET THE FUCK OUT. What the us should do is force the IRAQI's to be drafted to rebuild their own damn country and stop leaning on The Mother US. They aren't held accountable for shit. That's the problem. Alot of them do not care. They want us out. So leave. And when they allow their country to be over run with thugs there is only one answer at that point. It isn't pretty. It isn't gonna be easy for the men that gotta make that decision. But after we do all that we can do and we do everything in our power to help them.....and they allow themselves to become an enemy of us once more we have to destroy that threat. The treat is them and their way of life. Now I say we allow them to fight themselves all they want. It's their fight. We don't need to go to war with people going to war with themselves. We only need to worry about us and Our True allies.

I Have ALOT on my mind.......Sorry for the jumbled thoughts...I'll make a small conclusion to help out a bit.....so Im not seen as just a warmonger........War is and should always be the last choice. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. In this case I believe Saddam needed to be removed.

We gave them a chance. They had our support. They had our help. We were in fact right. The middle easterners are the problem.

Look at Germany and Japan. How did they great the US troops occupying their country?

Exactly! They are different kinds of people. They did ultimately want peace. They got it....now look at how their countries are doing with our help after ww2.

Bush thought he could do the same to the middle east. He thought that was his calling in life. To create a stable place that will bring us close allies. It isn't for money. There are much better ways to make money. Oil?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!? We only get like 20% of our oil from the mideast. So that isn't why we went. There are REAL reasons.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Overall, I think you are correct in that much of her anger is because of a bad situation that she may have avoided with a little more responsibility. However, you are making a rather large ommission to turn away from the fact that soldiers are told they are doing their country a service, and protecting their country. Not once, before, during, or after the Iraq war, and even up to now, has there been one factual reason why Americans are dying there and why that, in some way, protects America.

Good response, I joined the Marines at 17 thinking that I was serving my country & helping those seeking liberty from oppressive government. What the (Viet Nam) war taught me was not to be so niave, All the horrahs & flag waving is about justifing war, not the reason behind their wars.
The fact that we are still in Iraq just go to show how little effect public opinion & suppling the needs of the people of this nation play in our government policies & administration for the 'Public' well being.
quote:
The people didn't vote - bureaucrats did. Additionally, although I think people are angry at Bush he is just a figurehead for "the man", which includes most US Bureaucrats. And it is certainly them that send other people's kids to kill Iraqis
So apathy rains (rules) the citizen & life goes to hell in a hand basket. Ya so what else is new . . .

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy