You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it - The Clash
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The world today.

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The world today.
I absolutely hate it. Just about every part of society and the people who make everyone else look bad. What kind of shit hole have we jumped into when we kick other people when they're down and stand on their back to wave their hands at someone who might be watching to show how fuc*king amazing they think they are.

Ruining someone's life or multiple people's lives for their own personal gain whether that be for pride, their own beliefs, money, or power in general. That people like that actually exist and we think "oh, well if we confess all of our sins and are truely sorry for what bullshit we're leaving leaving behind for others to pick up, we can still go to heaven."

The reason why I'm so worked up over this is because I was watching Gulliver's Travel in school over the past couple days, and near the end I realised how sick and discusting people actually are and how discusted I am with myself that I'm a human being, much like gulliver was.

For now until someone can shed some light of some sort, I see people only as futuristic primitive monsters.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 68yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chiron is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Here's an interesting little thought for you to play with...

What if...instead of being on the inside of yourself looking outside at the world, you were actually on the outside looking in on yourself? YIKES its a shocker I know!

But many wiser than myself have argued that this is indeed the case. Self loathing is something lousy which we all experience from time to time. The trick is to consciously look for something (anything) you truly love and desire, and focus on that thing.

After a while your energy will shift and you will start to see more of the kind of world you love to be in.

It works, honestly it does! But it takes some discipline because we are all so addicted to drama,trouble, and strife.

Take good care pet...

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Scarecrow is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My advice to you in this situation is to look at it as objectively as possible. Yes we are horrible things in one respect but take a look at the whole picture, there are good people out there doing selfless acts for the benefit of race. You may also want to imagine how it could be worse, take satisfaction in knowing it is not.

Gulliver's Travels was a great satire criticizing the race and Swift's particular society. In writing he wanted to depict humanity in its many flaws as to bring to our attention the vices of our species in hopes we could and would improve.

I myself can't help but love and loathe my brethren. We all fall short of certain standards, so how do we surpass them when there will always be another par set.

"Everything we say is a lie no matter how useful it can be."
 76yrs • M •
oldcorps1947 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Yes, there are many evil and self serving people in the world.
But thing more about life being an adventure that you travel along a road, there are many wonderful and ugly things along the road, and the road at time will even have pot holes, ruts, hills and dips. But the adventure is wonderful because we are able to overcome the obstacles and be stronger for the next one. We are surviors of the road of life.

"Life is an adventure of discovery."
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that spiderz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well mugen, i dont have much to say except, well i love the world, i love life, but its hard to live in this world happily because of the presence of other annoying humans, stupid people who expect too much from you. thats it ive had enough of all the damn dissapointment, jeez. and rules. and crap. i wish there's a paradise. and i hope i bloody get in.

"There is a thin line between bravery and stupidity"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Paradise is a perfect state of mind. If you want paradise when you die, you'd better sit up and pay attention to your life now. If you want people to be nicer then you be nicer. Love and you'll be loved, laugh and the world laughs with you, do unto others as you would have done to you, put in what you want to take out... get the picture. Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today, reap what you sow... and I could go on and on and on... Love life and life might start loving you back.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 35yrs • F •
Saber is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
quote:
well i love the world, i love life, but its hard to live in this world happily because of the presence of other annoying humans, stupid people who expect too much from you

If all you did was live happily, you wouldn't really be living life, would you? If you love life, then love it as the big and beautiful jumble of a mess that is it, the highs and lows and the plain mediocricy, because that is all a part of life.

"We are all brothers under the skin - and I, for one, would be willing to skin humanity to prove it"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jimbobby is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
When I was a kid there was a guy in a red ferrari testarossa who used to drive past when I went to school.

I wanted to be like him. What a car to look at. I realised later the car is sh** to drive. But thats not the point.

Some people are womanly in their approach and think 'look at him throwing his power around - what a self centred prick; there are people in Africa dying.'

I don't really see this. This guy worked hard to get where he wanted and got there. I like that. I still like that.

The irony is that with focus and effort your judgement becomes sound and you become genuinely compassionate - but within your limits - you help the old lady out in the street because you want to - not because you feel you have to. If you get mega rich you can really help the people out in Africa. Step 1 is step 1.

People are born different. Some lucky some unlucky. Trying to
quote:
fight
this leads to madness and probably communism.

"Only gay people have quotes to look good"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evol is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Alright, well I only read the 1st message.
But yes, people are quite sickening.
Not all mind you.
But many for sure.
They can be decietful, selfish,liers, crude, ect.

But try not to group yourself with them.
Sure you are a person like them
But as you should be able to see there are all differant types of them.
All differant looks, personalities, views, actions, ect.
To live apon thease others may make your stomach turn, of make you filled with anger, but at least you can look at yourself and see you're not like all of those things out there.
You are not them, you've made you're own path, and you're living your own life.

"I am contradiction"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Room for a different views?
Once built a bookcase, big , heaavy thing that tended to be a room divider. All natural wood with a polyeurathane finish. People would look at it & say how great it looked but everytime I looked at it. I would see the errors that I had made, where the shelfs didn't match, asymetrical, unbalanced, etc.
the point being that it was the best I could build . . . be the best person you can be is the best you can do and you can't make others be any better . . . we can only strive to overcome ourselves to do better.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
MugenNoKarayami I agree. While there are some good people in this world, they are few, most count themselves righteous by hurting others, this is very true and there are a FEW who will actually sacrifice them self for another person.

Sad to say, I am not one of those few good people. I wish I was because then I would think I could live better than I do. I spend most of my time worrying about what other people think about me, think that others don't like me and that they should and I'm all wrong and I know it but I can't seem to change. I keep going back to me, me, me when instead I should be thinking about them, them, them.

I think about killing myself because I can't stand the hard feelings other people feel about me and I just want to escape but I know that such a thing is selfish and others would hurt badly because of it. I try to justify it thinking that it would wake some people up and force them to care. But I know that instead they would fall into self pity and only be worse.

I know what's right I just want to do what is wrong and give up, hide, disappear, be gone from here.

Its that time of year, been here before and I'll be here again next year I'm sure.

But for those few people who really do care about others more than themselves, they don't usually live a full life. I figure God does them a favor and takes them to a well deserved better place where they can be happy with fellow people who are sacrificing as they.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fleeting_dreams is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I see what you are saying and for the most part, i agree and admit that yes, we are indeed a primitive and barbaric people. However, what is progress without conquest and what is history, if not written in the blood of the conquered. That is to say, think about all those people you have ever admired and then, the trail of corpses left in their wake. Greatness is achieved through conquest, weather that be, the conquest of another's heart, mind, imagination, emotion or ego. Ask yourself this, could Beethoven have written the 9th if not for the suffering he saw through others and experienced first hand when thrust into a world devoid of the one thing he cherished most?
Could Poe have written The Tell Tale Heart, if not for the hatred he held for his own adopted father? And finally, do you think you yourself can ever rise above the social mass, without first holding them in bitter contempt and wanting to lead them to a better tomorrow?

"The parable to which you bow."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Tibby is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wow, Mugen, what an ignorant, self-righteous point-of-view. All it takes is a film version of a 300 year old Satire of Early 18th century England, and you're Captain Cynic himself! You need to smoke some pot, make some friends, and get over yourself. The world is full of great people. Sure, there are some haters out there... but what can you do about it? Give peace a chance. What do you think hating on haters is going to do for the world?

"Does anyone here know what Occam's Razor is!?"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I know I should have specified that doesn't apply to everyone. I should have known someone was going to take that the wrong way. All I ever hear about anymore on the news is people fighting and acting like little kids with bigger toys. What makes me sick is that I don't hear constantly about all the good things that are happening in the world.

this world that we live in has gotten to the point where we're more concerned about power and control rather than generosity and unconditional love. what I meant to take from the movie was his feelings of the world after being with a society who knew nothing but positive things.

I personally live a very positive, loving, and generious life. And when I have to constantly deal with or hear about all these negative people, what else am I supposed to think?

p.s. I smoke pot, it's great. I have all the friends I could ask for. I have nothing to get over myself in the first place. There are not some haters, there are too manyyy. What can I do? nothing at the moment. What would I like to do? Influence them on a path that advocates positivity and stress the result of progression. I give peace a chance every waking day, but there's nothing I can do when people take advantage of that kindness just about every chance they can. I never reall have a hatred for people like that. I merely wonder why they choose negativity over positivity.

Maybe it's because where I'm from. Maybe it's because where you're from. But in Detroit, 95% of people will shit all over you before they will hold a door open for you. Atleast the people I've had to experience, and it's a god damn shame.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evol is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
People's surrounding and who they're influenced by.
Srry for not getting you didn't mean everyone, though i did understand it, I may not have sounded like it.
I've just started smoking pot.
I don't like to be reliable, but sometimes I do it to get in a more positive swing.
Good luck with dealing with people, I know at times it's pretty much unbarible, but at least you're dealing with it the way you deal insted of stooping to their levels.

"I am contradiction"
The world today.
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy