My religion is sarcasm. The theme is sarcasm. The motto is 'THIS IS A SERIOUS RELIGION!' - fireflys
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Ban peanut butter in schools?

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Lots of kids are allergic to peanut butter. Should it be banned from schools? What about other products that kids can be allergic to, like eggs?

Here's an interesting read:
[link]http://specialchildren.about.com/b/a/259038.htm[/link]

Read the comments posted by others as well. Here's a snippet:
quote:
"What if your child ate a PBJ sandwich & caused another child to die? What if your child ate peanut butter for breakfast, and then touched a classroom door handle? What if your child ate peanuts & did not brush his teeth immediately afterward, and then had the audacity to breathe & possibly contaminate my child's airspace?”

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My daughter is allergic to peanuts, actually she's allergic to all nuts except coconut and I know it is hard for people to understand, but unlike most other childhood allergies, this one is potentially llife-threatening. My daughte when she was just five years old came into a fish and chip shop with me one day and at this time we didn't know she was allergic to nuts but I did know there was something different about her food fads. We had been in the shop for no longer than five minutes when her arm literally started bubbling, as if it had been held over a fire or something, it was awful, she was crying and we didn't know what was going on and we rushed out into the street. That was when I realised they were cooking in nut oil and we had the test done. Turns out she has a severe allergy to peanuts amongst other things and she has to carry an epipen of adrenalin around with her all the time, just in case.

That reaction was just because the nut oil was in the air so you can imagine what would happen if she actually injested a nut or trace of nut! So keeping her daily environment at school free from nuts is a matter of life or death for her. I'm sure a child's lunchbox and sandwiches can be filled with many things other than nuts and nut products, and leaving peanut butter sandwiches for the breakfast table is a small price to pay to keep a classmate alive.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It shouldnt be baned in some schools, like High school but others like grade and middle schools. Reason being is that by the time your in high school either youve learned to be respectfull of peoples potental allergies and not bring peanuts, other nuts. However when in middle school you might be more apt to either forget or ill informed of the many allergies out there.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy