Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Evolving

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Evolving
this really isn't intended to be a real big debate about evolution, but more along the lines of wouldn't it be sweet if sometime in the near future (on the bigger scale of time) if humans evolved and there were new branches of our species? -But I think we're so chained down by religion that if it ever happened, it would throw off our balance of conditioned thoughts of creation.-

I mean, if we were put in an environment that is much different than where we are now, wouldn't our species evolve to adapt to those new surroundings?

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well acording to Darwins theory of evolution and the whole survival of the fitest, then yes we would have to evolve to adapt to our new enviroment. However knowing the human race It is doubtfull that many of us would, it really depends on the will to survive and what lengths we would take to do it.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
But evolution is actually a very long, drawn out process that takes so much time you don't percieve it in one or even several generations, so we are all evolving all the time.

Just an extra on this subject, I happen to be one of these people who believe in evolution as part of creation and that evolution is itself part of a greater plan for our existence in this ever changing and vibrant universe or universes.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Sanity101 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
LOL eliasan. Sorceress is 100% right it takes a long time. But we are evolving. However im going to go as far to say as were evolving for the worse not the better. This is going to sound heartless but its the truth. The elderly are living longer with medication, Right? People with kidney cancer are genetically bound to it, Right? So if someone has a kid who has kidney cancer and its the dominant gene in the strand then the kid most likely going to have it. And ect, And ect.. It is my oponion that we are Evolving for the worse. Physically anyway.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I was not saying it was a short term effect. I'm just saying it is do able, sure it takes a LONG time but it could.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"this really isn't intended to be a real big debate about evolution, but more along the lines of wouldn't it be sweet if sometime in the near future (on the bigger scale of time) if humans evolved and there were new branches of our species?"

Wake up, you're living in your dream. There are "different branches of our species" ie. blacks, whites, asians etc. And it did, most likely, occur as a result of darwinism. As the theory goes, we all started in Africa. Naturally, deformations happened. For instance, a lighter skinned human was born. This deformation allowed the human to live in colder places with less light and so over probably millions? of years the lighter skinned branch of the species moved up and up and up until you get what we have to day: the vampires living in the netherlands.

"The truth will set you on fire"
Evolving
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy