Nature is the greatest modern piece of art; constantly changing, incomprehensively expensive and vandalized by idiots. - Atlantis5
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Running from Reality

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
hoghunters is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Running from Reality
Reality what is it? Is it something you work to maintain or achieve? Or is it the same for everyone that life and people in general are all the biggest joke of time? These are just some of the questions that plague my mind lately. My whole life I was led to believe that if I was honest, hard working, kind, and helpful to others (at least try) that I would have a healthy and prosperous life. That my actions would reflect into my own life. Now these things are not always the easiest choices you can make nor are they always the most fun. For the most part people stay on course and at least attempt this approach for a part of there time with us. I personally can say I have tried this path a couple times over through my life. The reality of the situation is I've always been fucked! Now to be fair and honest I probally can only blame myself for the most part. So if my reality is that I don't have anything worse happen to me when I'm a complete piece of shit, or the picture perfect poster boy. Then I could say reality is the perception of ones mind. If in my world I see flying pigs and purple bananas then its reality right? Now there is a problem because most would call that delusional. So now im still stuck on the question what is reality? I understand the word real and I grasp the meaning of delusion but still lost on reality. The world and society that we live in try to tell us what the reality of our lives should be or at least what we should strive for. I think the reality of the whole fuckin thing is we are all crazy insane. The only sane people are the ones we lock up and label. Society wants a perfect picture you know 1.5 kids, house, car, dog and the white picket fence. The reality is only maybe 35% of our vast population will ever achieve this type of outcome. So I think most people are chasing after there perceptions of reality. Above it all me and myself have been running for several years now and I've lost even the sight of anything close. I've become very good at seeing what I want to and believing I may be able to sculpt and form my own reality. Most things in life come with pain, especially the ones that seem to be the best. One day it all just kicks you in the nuts and then you have devastation. All the different types of addictions we may have (drugs, booze, caffeine, nicotine, or sex) can not change reality it only alters what we see or feel for a short time. Some of us will always have what they need and want and some, no matter what we do or how hard we try will never have those things. So I guess I still have no clue what's crazy insane and what's reality. The reality is that I will never be in reality until I can have some understanding of what realism is. Maybe its time to open my eyes and stop running.

[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
Running from Reality
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy