In public, I never cry, in private, I try my best not to, in my mind, I never stop. - Vortex271
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Let's Go Make A Heartbreak

User Thread
 34yrs • F •
penchant is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Mmmm...I have weird thoughts.

I love you. Empty words. The Middle Eastern belief is that a word spoken aloud becomes aliveâ€'tangible, released into the atmosphere, unable to be taken back. A word aloud is real. A word aloud should be true. It is a pretty notion, to be sure. Proven entirely false by those three words. I love you. So untrue. I loathe you. I love you to every boy who bats his eyes and spits that line that he thinks will coerce me until I'm his, only his, always his, until he has me and no longer wants me.

Of course I love you, with fluttering lashes and a carefully coy smile, those eyes they like to rave about like they were the first to think of those clichés flinting up to hide disgust.

“I worship you, Mr. Arbuckle, good night.”

They think they're fierce, I'm sure. That it tears me up inside. Of course they think that. It never occurs to them that just as they lied, I fabricated a lovely little act, spun a pretty yarn as well. Silly to think that I pretended to be the puppet, when I really held the strings all along. Preposterous. Their egos will not stand for it. Of course I love them. I really do. They secretly and smugly pat themselves on the back, congratulations on another conquest.

“By the time you swear you're his, shivering and sighing, and he vows his passion is infinite undyingâ€'lady, make a note of this: one of you is lying.”

Deception is the game, darling, and I've got it rigged.

First quote: Breakfast at Tiffany's
Second quote: Dorothy Parker, "Unfortunate Coincidence."

"My bad. --Eve"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy