Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

trouble opening up

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
trouble opening up
I seem to be having a bit of a problem with my girlfriend and her opening up to me. it's not so much of a problem but I just feel so helpless that I can't help her out with problems or things she has on her mind and she can't tell me.

we've been going out for almost 4 months and it already seems like forever, I really feel like I can talk to her about anything, no matter what it is... but it seems she doesn't feel the same way.

I know that giving her time is my best bet, but do you have any suggestions that might break the ice a little bit? It's really not that mbig of an issue, It just tears me up inside that I can't talk to her about things that are bringing her down.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would say just be there for her, do all you can to make her feel comfortable, hang out, do stuff she likes doing and when she's ready to talk to you she will.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 34yrs • F •
-*RoCKr__GrL*- is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
just start to try to get to know her again... engage in a lot of small talk "how was your day" ..... "WHY are you pissed"... yadda yadda yadda... that kind of thing... just act like a friend instead of a boyfriend good luck!!

"Of Course i'm good in bed-- I CAN SLEEP FOR DAYS!!!"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Sky1234 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
try to pay more attention to detail, notice her emotions....ask her why she is happy or sad. If she have trouble talking about it, make sure she knows that she can tell you whatever she feel, and you would improve the situation and you won't tell anyone else, unless in regard personal health. If she still don't want to talk about it, just be there for her, and make sure she know that too.

"Beware of the dog"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ScorcherTheMe is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Let me begin by saying, at least you have a girlfriend..... (I've gone 24 years without anybody)

My opinion:

If you weren't travelling with her, but see her coincedentally, find a place to sit alone, and look rather sad. She'll probably see you, come to you, and ask you about what's been happening.

quote:
notice her emotions....ask her why she is happy or sad.
, Sky says. This works too, but don't ask the obvious question, "Why are you happy/sad?" or "How are you feeling?" Make a question that stays on such topic, but also some love and creativity put into it.

"You are what you say you are."
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
be sure to notice differences in what she does to her hair. for some reason they get pissed off when we guys dont notice. i think its because they want to be noticed. they want us to show that we pay attention to them.

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
trouble opening up
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy