Define freedom; but how is that possible when we as human beings have never experienced it? - zerokool
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The topic of God

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The topic of God
is being over discussed. Quite frankly that is why I dont post very much anymore. It really is quite boring for alot of the members (including myself).

Lets try to steer ayway from this for a while and try to broaden the conversation.

[  Edited by Restless Mind at   ]
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ChokingV is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
that may be you're opinion but frankly i find the topic kinda interesting o.0

"i don't like the idea of "nothingness", it makes me anxious"
 68yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chiron is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Topic of God..., is really fucking boring.

..makes you sound quite angry, not bored.

And it would be far more interesting (I think) if you were to more specifically cite you reasons.
As well as indicate what would classify as 'broader interest'?

(BTW, I am not so much as disagreeing with you, as I am responding to the spontaneous passion lurking behind your words)

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wayback is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well I guess that God as a topic could be boring, rehashing an unknown or the non existeing creature so how much can be said?
The topic of religion is quite diverse but rather fanatially aspect tends toward adversity & discourse that tends to bore you?

45yrs • M •
Boy thats alot of big words.....do you know what they all mean?

And i am a little annoyed, I used to find all the topics very very interesting. I would follow man threads at once keeping up with all of them. Now it either the topic og God or the meaning of life or some silly thread like word association. I have been haround here for almost the longest (next decius of coures) I have kept on all the threads in the past year but find it keeps going back to the same topic.

Lets talk about cars, tv shows, ignornace world events that sorta thing.

And I will start it off.

45yrs • M •
I am not even directly saying to post about any of the things I mentioned. It would help, lol, but I am more trying to light the fire in everybodies head about all topics, or new topics.

I just feel that more than say 3/4 of the posts are religion based. Not that its a negative thing but none the less.

I have edited my first post to re-phrase what I am saying.

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm sorry have I missed something here. Is there not a topical title for conversation on the main headings "religion"?
It's a shame that people are bored with the amount of posts about God, however, if they are being posted then there are people who want to talk about it. You can't pick and choose what other people want to talk about. If you want to talk about something else then post a new thread on something else, but leave those who do want to discuss it to do so. I don't generally look at the political threads but I'm not going to moan about other people posting in there.
People are searching nd questioning their place in the universe and generally this comes back at some point to God or the big bang and then you get a topic about either religion or cosmology.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
are you good looking?

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 45yrs • M •
Aw shucks.....

I wish I was 1/2 as good looking as the head admin.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
will you pair get a thread.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 68yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chiron is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
OK, .. here's a thing.

On the subject of Restless minds alleged good looks:
Could it be at all possible that his avatar; a Lord-Byron-look-alike, was chosen to mask a vest-wearing-bruiser-car-mechanic who likes to park on the couch with beer in one hand, TV remote in the other?? And that Decius, although admittedly finding this a bit boring, still finds him attractive...

Anyway Sorceress, I think you make a fair point.

And I shall venture to make another...
Given the many, many, many, serious allegations made against the US government with regard to rigging the 9/11 incident, this might explain why lots of people are looking for divine answers

45yrs • M •
If you really want to know Sorceress, use the serach bar. This has been talked about already here.

The topic of God
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy