Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

lonely

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
anag12 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
lonely
i feel lonely and a bit depressed because i can't seem to interact with people. i have liked this guy who is about a year younger than me, but i think that i just like him, because i don't have confidence in myself. and, he makes me feel so special every time he tells me "my luv"...i don't want to hurt him, but i don't want to hurt him. so, what should i do?
then, now that we are supposely "going out" i feel ackward around him, i mean we stay all quite for about 10 minutes...
i don't have nothing to talk about. is it me with my doubt or is it just that maybe we don't have nothing to talk about because of the age difference?

""still in the search for me""
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CodeWarrior is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My suggestion is talk to your boy friend about this. If this relationship has a future you'd better get comfortable opening up to him, especially about issues you have. On the other hand if this relationship doesn't have a future when you break up it will be a lot less painful if both of you have been honest with each other about your doubts and confusions.

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I know exactly how you feel. It is depressing when you feel lonely because you find it hard to interact with people. I have never been a people person, I can never think of the right things to say at the time, I'm not spontaneous enough with my conversation skills. I usually think of a good reply or comeback about an hour too late. That's why I was so surprised and still am that when I met my husband we just seemed to hit it ff straight away. Talking came natural to us and our felings for each other helped, it seemed to bridge that awkward feeling stage I have with people in general.
Perhaps concentrate on being yourself and feeling comfortable around the person you are talking too and love will just sneak in and surprise u.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Oh and by the way, a year age gap is absolutely nothing, my husband is 7 years older than me and we get on like there's no age gap at all!

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
lonely
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy