Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Does a grain of sand have a soul?

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

""No words""
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
define your version of soul

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
 41yrs • M •
I'd rather leave the question open for now

""No words""
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think a more fruitful question and perhaps a little easier would be "Does a plant have a soul?"

"The truth will set you on fire"
 41yrs • M •
I chose this question carefully

""No words""
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've come across some ideas with respect to the idea of infinity of the small, that is, infinitely small space, the idea that a grain of sand may contain an infinity of spacial "depth" and, therefore, possesses the spacial potential of the entire universe (and beyond, if that's possible). One of these ideas states that if infinitely small space is true then there may exist some infinitely minute particle of what may be called matter that is an exact replica of entire universe. If that's true then, yes, a grain of sand would not only possess a soul but absolutely all souls, includfing the soul of God. Some mystical thinkers believe that you can learn everything there is to know about everything by studying everything there is to know about a simple grain of sand: "As above, so below!"...Just another wierd point of view.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As far as an inanimate object possessing a soul in general. I believe everything is connected to one great soul, and each thing is a minute "particle" or "cell" of that great soul and, therefore, may possess what may be called a "genetic imprint" of that great soul and that we may experience that soul even in a simple grain of sand.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that fireangel is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
When I first read this post I asked myself "how could a grain of sand possibly have a soul?" I have enjoyed reading what has been said here. I agree that we must first know the definition of a soul. Many would call it the everlasting invisible spirit that is held within the body. I liked reading about the idea of a grain of sand having the ability to posses the spacial potential of the universe. to think that we may all be creatures such as the who's in Dr. Seuss's "Horton Hears a Who" where we all live on a piece of dust is amazing. We all live in a universe that is only a grain of sand in a much larger world that is only a grain of sand in an even larger world. Coming into this I would have said absolutely not but then again that was based on an immense amount of close mindedness. I apologize for not looking more broadly into this subject and I thank you for the wisdom you have shared, especially wizardslogic. I agree, a grain of sand can have a soul.

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Of course if you think of the fact that a grain of sand comes from the same origins as everything else on the planet, I can't see why not. We all came from stardust and we will all return to stardust, we are all connected to the planet and the universe so in fact we are made of the same stuff as the grain of sand. I know I'm not expressing exactly what I am thinking , it's hard to put such thoughts into words.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy