Everyone takes the limits of their own vision for the limits of the world. - Arthur Schopenhauer
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

That time of the month! - Page 2

User Thread
 31yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that KG-nonvirgin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
At one point, this year, I thought i was pregnat, for my period had stopped for 3 months, then started back up again. But we found out that since the abortion (when I was 12, I was Raped and I had to get an abortion), that the doctor who gave me the abortion didn't do it the absolute correct way and placed in a little off, and now there is a 90% chance that I won't be able to have a child., but now everytime I hear people talk about having a baby, or looking at a pregnat woman I want to cry and go

"Sex is unpredictable, sometimes you get it Great! others it fucking sucks!"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What is the most effective and quickest cramp reliving medicine? Tylenon does not work quickly. A hot-water bottle is nice, but not effective.

Also, I feel really cold on my first day, even it it's a blistering summer day (cold flashes?). I'll get under blankets and still feel some cold air. Does anyone else have this?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 68yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chiron is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Atollia I won't recommend allopathic medicine because it looks to the symptoms rather than the cause, which means a temporary relief only.

Studies show that women who suffer from menstrual cramps have high levels of the hormone prostaglandin F2 alpha (PGF2 alpha) in their menstrual blood. When this hormone is released into the bloodstream as the endometrial lining breaks down, the uterus goes into spasm resulting in cramping pain.

Metabolically speaking, women that have high stress levels together with a poor diet are primed to produce too many PGF2 alphas. And in order to steer the body away from this you will need the right kind of essential fatty acids, adequate levels of vitamin C, vitamin B6, and magnesium.

Dairy products are a problem particularly because cows are routinely treated with hormones and antibiotics, the residues of which are known to stimulate the female hormone system.

Cut down on refined carbohydrates which trigger an eicosanoid imbalance (eicosanoids include the prostaglandin's among other substances) which results in cramps.

Limit red meat and egg yolk (growth hormones/antibiotics) or eliminate them altogether, unless organic. But remember that red meat can be very high in saturated fats that also stimulate PGF2 alpha production.

Include omega 3 essential fatty acids (fresh linseed ground in a coffee grinder is great for these).

Take a good multivitamin-mineral supplement. Take 100mg B6 per day in combination with B complex.

Take 100mg magnesium (which relaxes smooth muscle tissue) every two hours during the menstrual cycle (use a chelated form).

Eliminate sources of trans-fatty acids such as margarine etc.

(The herb Black Cohosh is also helpful as a preventative).

But making these broad scale dietary changes is a big deal as it puts you out of sync with just about everyone else. Thus birth control pills that eliminate ovulation and therefore the hormonal changes associated with cramps work well for many women who are not interested in making lifestyle or dietary changes.

I would personally recommend modifying your diet, taking something like Black Cohosh, and also visiting a good Homeopath that can identify the subtle nuances of your own particular case in order to correctly diagnose the right remedy for you.

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
KG, my heart goes out to you. I can imagine how hard it must be knowing your past circumstances to even contemplate ever having a baby. My sister had a baby when she was 14, and because she was so young the baby when she was born was too weak to survive (her veins weren't strong enough and they burst). She never ever to this day (and she's now 40 with three boys) talks about it. But at some point she must have managed to put that past experience somewhere to the back to get her through her life.

She is very happy with her children now, but you are very young still and if I were you I would try and enjoy your life as it is and put thoughts of babies out of your mind until later on because it will just upset you.

I think you are a very brave and courageous person and i think talking about it will help you in the long term.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
That time of the month! - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy