Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

i deffinetly need someons advise

User Thread
 32yrs • F •
katieexx is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
so basically. i am like. in love with this guy who happens to be my firends brother. and hes the biggest flirt iv ever met in my entire life. and we seem to be really good firends. a while back he found out i liked him and said o sorry i dont like you back ... but now he flirts like none othere and he says things that makes it seem that he likes me and it so confusing all my firneds dont get him either. we hooked up a few times which makes the situuation even more so confusing. like i said all my friends think that im better than him and deserve more but. i dont know why i like him sooo much. and i know you r all probably thinking just talk to him. well its sorta too late now cause he has a new girl frind. i found out and was in such a bad mood. jsut so happend I was going over to his house to see his sister that night. she was habing her own boy problems and was on the phone and i was with him all night aand hoinestly i swear to god he seemed so much as if he liked. me . i dont knowww what to dooo hellpp please

"the greatest thing youll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well him having a girlfriend should make things slightly easier for you at the moment. yeah it hurts thats he's gone out with someone else rather than you but it can help you gauge things. if he calms down his behaviour towards you while he's going out with this current girl then good, you can stay interested in him and mayb it won't last and you'll get him when he's single again. if on the other hand his full on flirting behaviour doesnt stop, avoid him like the plague, because if you do ever get him he will more than likely do the same to some other girl while he is dating you, and that would hurt you a lot more than the disappointment of not having dated him at all.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How old is this guy? And how long have you known him? Do you think because he is your friend's brother you will be naturally attracted to him because he is similar to your friend and you obviously have a lot in common with your friend and so feel you naturally have a lot in common with the brother. Just wondering how long this crush on your friend's brother has been building up and if maybe he is a bit of a hero type figure for you?

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 32yrs • F •
katieexx is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
um iv know him for like. 5 years. and hes only a year older than me. i dont think its cause hes like his sister at all. cause they are alike but in different ways if that makes anysnece. and this seems like a gay little o poor me he doesnt like me type thing but it so much more complicated and i cant explain it much.. and avoiding him is imposible because i go to their house every thursday so we can get a ride to dance togeather.. so yeah thats not really possible. lmao.

32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ask his old girlfriends how he treated them. Did he cheat on them. Was he polite? Find out what he is like to the ones hes dating. Then if you still really like hem just go up and ask him.

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that fireangel is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
All I feel like I can tell you is be careful. I agree with Cynic-al in most respects however it might be in your best interest to stay away from him as best as possible. I realize he's your friends brother and all but what you need to understand is that giving him the opportunity to flirt with you isn't going to make anything easier on you. I know guys who are deeply in love with their girlfriends yet they don't seem to realize how much they flirt with other girls. For some guys that's just the way they interact with girls and it might be the same for him. As for the hooking up with each other part...you might want to refrain from it in the future with him. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy whose afraid of being in a relationship and I'm thinking that it wasn't on his mind when you two did hook up. He might have just been looking for a fix. Like I said at the beginning, be careful, don't send your heart out to him in a paper mache boat where he can use it as batting practice. Your heart is the most precious thing that you have in this life and even one crack in it from something like this can affect the rest of your life.

fireangel

36yrs • M •
i would agree with fire angel on the still flirting score, i have had a girflried for coming up to 3 years now, but i still find that the easiest way to make frieds with girls is to flirt with them a bit. It's not necessarilly a bad thing to do, my girlfriend knows that i do it, and does the same with guys she meets, but neither us have ever considered it as more than a way of making friends.

The question there is, does the guy u like flirt with just you or every girl he knows? and if the latter (removing the rose tinted specs for a moment) does his flirting towards you seem more "real" than anyone else?

You said you can't really avoid him, but i didn't necessarily mean physically avoiding him, i just meant that if he is still flirting (seriously) with you while he has a girlfriend then you should start looking at other guys instead.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 32yrs • F •
. like when i say flirting. its not getting to know me. weve know ecahother so long. were jsut good firends. i dont know im to confused to even explaiin it. i think i may be retarded for ever thinking i had a chance. and thats just the way that he is. lol. i dont know. he was tlaking to my friend and was like oh she never invites me anywhere but he didnt want ot invite me anywhere cause it owuld lead me on. i odnt know whatever im trying to quit. i give up its gay. lol
im pretty much stupid for thinking i had a chance

36yrs • M •
great to see the fighting spirit reamins strong in the youth of today. (for those of you who wouldn't realise on your own till some time next week, that was supposed to be sarcastic).

how are you stupid for thinking you ever had a chance? if he's only a year older than you and knows you pretty well, then surely you have a reasonable chance (unless of course he just plain doesn't ancy you) even if he just thinks of you as a friend at the moment that can be changed. i knew my girlfriend for over a year before we started going out, and that was nearly 3 yrs ago. so it's not like having been friends first is a bad thing, it does just occasionaly take abit of effort to get them to think of you in that way.

ps sorry about completely changing tack on you their, i just enjoy playing devils advocate. means you look at both sides and make your own choice

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy