Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Are insane people really insane - Page 2

User Thread
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PhilipMui is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
intresting, well every night when i sleep, i astral ascend to this one frequency over and over, and i meet the wierdest.. people ... things... sprits

"Thy Lovest Soul"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As usual I fell to communicate well in my post so I am trying to restate a past post in this post.
quote:
There's people who tell you that they see flying gaint insects or gaint caterpillers telling them what to do. Is this all physcologically make up or is it their perception of these astral planes, relatively speaking dimensions?
Think about it... Isn't the first aspect we could ask, 'Are these dream perceptions? In other words do these "visions" the results of dreaming which can be associated to subconcious mind trying to resolve issues of the concious mind & therefore having therapeutic value? An implication that might be drawn by those reading this thread may think that RIM (dream) state and trance state (OBC) are the same? Being in a hypnotic state is not being asleep. Further I not sure that trance states are the same as hypnotic trance? That these states tend to pertain to accessing an altered conciousness, we tend to lump them together & use the understandings from one to make general associations to the others.
Meditation involves to an extent requires shuting down the mental dialogue & focusing on the inner being which is different aspect from dreams in which external forces (real world acts) become intergrated into the dream.
In dreaming the aspect of GOD told me to kill someone may well be a battle between the subconcious & the concious mind wanting to justify feeling or actions.In some individuals that need to justify (conflict) may extend into the waking state in which the concious mind has greater control & of course there is the aspect of chemical imbalance.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PhilipMui is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
True but what if dreams were really astral traveling? What if their chemical reactions were in the sense because of these astral frequencies

"Thy Lovest Soul"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have had many out of body experiences myself, but even though they feel real, and I have been pretty convinced that I was actually out of my body, is it possible that this experience is similar to a lucid type of dreaming where you feel more alert and in control than normal dreaming?

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 72yrs • M •
Previously a thread discussion evolved that related the biblical heaven & earth as being simmilar to the movie, Matrix. In light of that context . . . this life is an illusion of the mind. Then one could consider dreams as an alternative reality. {Note that I have problems with the generalization of the term 'dreams' as it lumps all dreams into the same catagory} I have heard that dreams are in black & white, I don't know if this is true but I don't have any particular dreams in which I was cognizant of vivid colour. I would have to say the same thing about smells but if I were to fall asleep in a grove or flower garden then I would not be surprised if the pugent odor was manifested in dreams.
quote:
is it possible that this experience is similar to a lucid type of dreaming
My understanding of lucid dreaming is establishing your will in the dream or the ability to consciously altering the dream dynamics.
In a sense we could define dreams as an altered preception of reality.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ok: I had the thought a few days back thus:

That as systems become more complex there is the ever more need, and this need is natural, not man-made, to define more laws in order to sustain that system.

I didnt question where the though came from; this seems pointless.

This question can be called an hypothesis.
I made the mistake of trying to find things that would support or verify my thought. And I came to the conclusion I was right.

I was wrong however. Simply, I didn't look for the things where it didn't work; or more properly; where it might not work.

So, whilst all your posts are valid on the surface; I doubt them. I'll still claim that its your way of thinking, conditioned by some garbage your reading by mystical bullshitters who earn a lot of money or, more probably, worth in looking good rather than actually getting anywhere in the proper sense.

""No words""
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Everybody has illusions… It would appear the mentally ill have these illusions at more times or at more significant (or even important) moments in time…

Dreams are a source of illusion…as has been discussed…

Imagination plays a part too… We all imagine, and through our imaginations find an alternate reality…

Have you ever imagined something when you're dreaming?

I think with the combination of as many elements of illusion as possible (don't forget ‘daydreaming'), you can approach easily the point where you are clearly seeing or hearing something which is not there…

Another thing to be aware of is drug-induced psychosis, as well as, what Ortho-Molecular Therapists talk about in regards to mental illness, which is vitamin deficiency induced psychosis… This just shows how easily a recipe for mental illness can be concocted, and that's possibly without mind-altering drugs…

My amateur opinion on the topic of what distinguishes the mentally ill from the almost perfectly sane person, apart from the frequency of illusions, can be the power to understand what is what… The mentally ill are classified often as being out of contact with reality, and although something may appear highly unlikely, the mentally ill individual is ‘victim of circumstance' where that outrageous train of thought appears to be less outrageous…

Basically the imagination, the dream-states and what-not take us for a wild ride, the normal person knows that it is just a ride, whereas the mentally ill person thinks it just fits in with the rest of their life… What I mean by this, is that, something dreamt up is seen by the mentally ill individual as part of their reality, rather than the sane person's escape to another imagined possibility…

Often the illusion is proved to be just that, just over what can be a very long length of time…

"There is no negative one..."
 72yrs • M •
allusions or dillusions?
There is something that bothers me, personally. I play this game online & normally enjoy it. But I have been having misgivings about perceptions inherent to playing?
It is an oriental board game . . . a simple grid form to the board & black & white stones are played on the points of the grid. the object is to surround territory. In surrounding an area , one seeks to give it 'life' . . . Life is defined by 2 eyes & a nose? To take your opponents stones freedoms. If an area is separated into 2 areas then these eyes can not be closed [all the freedoms filled].
quote:
My amateur opinion on the topic of what distinguishes the mentally ill from the almost perfectly sane person, apart from the frequency of illusions, can be the power to understand what is what…
Like the other nite, I was plaing & my oppoenet hadcut off a group so I had worked to liberate those stones.All I had to do was connect the stones, 1 move to connect but then I becaame involved in play to cut His stones, only to lose the life by not making the connection.
I have noted that I seem to go through an extremely intense nervousness associated to intense concentration,
At times I think it is just the game but then what is a game that it should have such meaning to me?
Sometimes I wonder if the aggressive attitude is a subconscious attitude coming to light?
Not saying that it is wrong to play games but I am glad that I don't make my life running around trying to take life from others . . I would really hate living like that wouldn't you? Watching the news & public opinion . . . this republician was saying about the War [in Iraq] & extendig issues of supporting troop increases. Still trying to legitamize The War on Terror? ya, I know that game played it a few times . .

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
Are insane people really insane - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy