Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

parents trying to ruin it for me ...AGAIN

User Thread
 33yrs • F •
raven818 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Ok. so heres the problem. I started dating the guyim with now about 2 months ago. Now my parents want to meet his family. NOT GOOD!! Everytime they meet the parents or family of the guys that i date, they insist on telling all the bad things ive ever done, and that kinda makes the family think , well shes done that soo... , and i dont want them to ruin it this time like all the umpteen million other times they have. It makes me sick , and my dad , when he gets new friends or meets someone new that has kids he tells them, and he said he needs to warn them whats in the future for their kids, HE DOES NOT. ITS NOT HIS BUSINESS TO TELL how do i stop this from happening , bc talking doesnt work

"" live life to the fullest""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that fireangel is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I realize this post is probably pretty outdated but I'm gonna take a special interest in it anyways in case you decide to look at it again. I'm assuming the families have already met and I don't know how that went but for future reference I think it would be best to tell the parents yourself. The only thing that I have been credited for by my girlfriends parents is being honest, and being courageous. I can't guarantee that telling your boyfriend's parents everything will help you, but they will respect you a lot more for you telling them yourself. That goes along with the other comment on this topic about being proud of what you did. You don't have to be proud necessarily but don't try to deny it. Your past is something you can never get away from. If you don't believe me I would like to suggest a book "The Kite Runner". It's an amazing book that explains just how impossible it is to run from your past. Do the honorable thing, tell his parents yourself, don't seem proud about it, or seem like your bragging, but let them know yourself somehow. I hope everything turns out well for you in the future.

31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ScorcherTheMe is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I feel your pain, Raven. (about parents ruining it for us. However, it's being done to me, and I'm twenty-four!)

Wait for some more time alone with your boyfriend. Devise a plan to counter this, and tell each other GOOD things that you've done. This will be ideal for if and when the talk occurs. If anything bad is brought up, you can use these lists of good deeds to defend each other.

"You are what you say you are."
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
when and if your dad tells your boyfriends parents. (depeding on if they have already or wethere you have a knew boyfriend)
tell the parents that youve done those things and that you have learned from them and that you would never do them again.

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy