Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A Constitutional Duty: IMPEACH IN 2007.

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This video appears to have been removed

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wayback is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A Walk in the Park
Well, so to speak although it is more of a trek.
Watching the special about the presidential hopefuls & non-hopefuls, ya can remember Newtś words exactly but I do concede that His point about the Marine corp. is valid even if his presentation of their historical involvement was a little faulty. From the Halls . . . to the Shores . . . the Leather Necks as they came to be known were originally part of the Navy. Their primary function was to answer to the need for armed combatants in navel operations separate from the sailors whose primary function was to serve as crew to man such vessels. Hence they wore heavy leather around their necks as amour against the use of cutlass and knifes when boarding ships during battle. They serve guarding the ship & crew in foreign ports being at the command of the ship´s captain.
That they became the presidents own, does imply the right of the presidency to use the Marines to enforce his directives but as a limited scope of action (=> police actions). The power to Declare War still remained within the Congressional Response thus representing G.W. Bush´s actions as Constitutional is rather misleading. Such use of the Marines was established as a temporary option while Congress acted upon Declaring War. Once again the National Guard was primarily formed to implement marshal force within the United States, not to serve in foreign wars. While your point is valid, it only emphasis the non-constitutional actions involving the abuse of presidential powers in the ¨War With Iraq¨.

34yrs • F •
adonisbri27 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think that this is defintly what America needs to see. They also need to watch the news about what is currently going on.

"We love who we can"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ya, Wayback. I was watching a commentary about the mayor who has demanded the impeachment proceedings against Bush.
So the question asked 'on what grounds' or what lies did the President present? Indicating that the President had acted in good faith according to the information from the CIA thus being absolved of responcibility for the Iraq War.
Lying may be an impeachable offense, but deception is not?
Right, our form of government is built on these principles. Our law enforcement has found that honesty is not the best policy thus it is legal to misrepresent or deceive the accused to promote confessions or produce evidence of offense, right.
Like those advertisements for cars . . . act now & save thousands of dollars! Right they are listing those new cars at below cost . . . right?
quote:
ya, right. they are losing some (false) profit but they are not listing below cost. Nor would I entertain that they are not sold without some profit being made on them.
Some where the USA got off on the wrong foot, isn't it about time we start putting them right? If you want government to be honest & have integrity then we must not accept anything less.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 46yrs • M
2008 Democratic Presidential Candidate Dennis Kucinich Urges Conversation about Impeachment.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 46yrs • M

46yrs • M

46yrs • M
Kucinich vs. The Establishment: Impeachment Hearing On Friday July 25th

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Don't know if you have noticed but you have to look at democrats vs republicans like scientists vs preachers.
a true scientist will point out what's been proved, then theories, then the closest thing to facts we have.
a preacher will just say what he's been taught, know he's right, and look confident in doing so.
who wins?
Preachers.

Republicans are too confident, corrupt, self serving and united to be touched. They really are good at what they do.

Took republicans years to some up with a way to impeach Bill, being held to a higher standard, should a democrat lie for any reason, even to try and save his family face, it might as well be murder.

You can see how hard it is to get a republican, no matter how bad, and corrupt, you cant convict him.

"The more you learn, the less you know."
 46yrs • M
That's why we the people need to speak up and let all of them know we are going to hold them all accountable, current office, or those past who were party to these crimes, democrat, republican, independant, green, whatever.

If you are not taking these accusations seriously from an office whose job it is to investigate and prosecute such allegations, should they be proven true, then you are obstructing justice and an accessory, and going down.

Its hard because we are divided by fear and hate, ignorance and apathy, fealty and corruption, stupidity, dependence, and self destruction.

Blind faith in the preachers words as you say. And its killing us. I can't take it anymore.

I try to have some faith in the people to do the right things, but I can't help fear the length of the process, given the information of contingency, or perhaps primary, plans in place by the same minds and executed by the heirs of those who brought us the holocaust, the world wars, and virtually every horrible thing in history.

We aren't seeing camps popping up along side "free-speach" zones and the largest infringements of liberty, rights, and crack downs on dissent for no reason or by accident.

Its sickening, frightening, and so sad to know that so many would instantly work towards putting a stop to it all if they had access to, or the insight to see the already available, truth unhindered by all the lies, for just a moment.

But ya, I've noticed, and Bill had much more blood on his hands than he did sex juice, so they really didn't get him for anything either, he finished his presidency.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I gave up to be honest. A coworker said and smiled confidently, 'the only way to go is a free market'

Words couldn't describe the fear that people truly believe that. a system of economy based sully on that wealth equals power with no checks or balances.

I don't understand how people could be so ignorant and so sure of themselves at the same time. Corporate power is rising, government institutions are failing due to lack of financial aid but still blamed. Eventually private Corporations will do everything from military to research.

The highest bidder gets the power. No matter who it is, or what really. Corporations are taking over the army's job, and working to take over the Navy, and Air force. Could you imagine a private organization with a more powerful, capable air force, navy, army then ours? And its sold to the highest bidder?

Headlines were made by several Air Force mistakes. Private organizations are seeping in the USAF and cant wait for more so they can take full control.

China, India, Brazil, Russia, Iran, EU... they are not our enemy. We are our own enemy.

"The more you learn, the less you know."
 46yrs • M
I understand your sentiment, but will never give up.

I do not have the golden words that free all minds, I do not even have a general method to assuredly reach a few.

This is likely because I don't have all of the answers nor the credibility nor sophistication, or willingness to lie and say I have all the answers, to convince people of, at the very least, the fact that there is more to the story than what they are generally aware of.

But I will continue to try as I continue to learn myself.

There is just so much information and it takes just that one phrase, photo, video, whatever that triggers people to wake up.

Its actually fascinating to watch, and experience.

And I've seen and felt when minds become free of the collective trance, its a beautiful thing, its like watching them come alive for the first time, like seeing the child that dies in so many adults re-awaken.

And then they take an emotional baseball bat to the face before being shoved with no seat belt down the craziest roller coaster ever, but it all works out in the end.

[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 46yrs • M

[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy