A friend is a person who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you forget the words. - sweetpea3295
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Individual Ear and the Key of C

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Here's one you can try at home... Push on your eyes and try and notice whether the sound changes when you do so...
...If you tried this out you'll find when you make your ears a different shape, you hear sounds differently too...
If you can imagine that everyone's ears have a unique shape, you can understand that people will hear sounds differently, and that's without going into the difference in the mind that processes the sound...

Also, if you can imagine how this works on the ear... What about the other senses?

"There is no negative one..."
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Although each person may receive the sound slightly differently, it will not change the tonal quality of the sound. What might change to them is the sound of the instrument and this may be why some people like the sound of a saxophone as opposed to a piano.

This thread made me remember a theory I once had about the unity among all things. I thought that truth was the connection between all life. Although each ear is hearing a note differently, that does not change tone of the note or its relationship among the other notes. Truth is the one thing that cannot be changed.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wayback is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Not be musically inclined, I fine this interesting. I don't or can't make minor distinctions in tonal quality. I never considered that this might be physical such as the shape of my ear or some internal part of the ear?

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
To be able to recognize the very minor distinctions between each tone is truly a remarkable gift, few possess it and not without a great deal of study. It is much easier to recognize the relationship between two or more keys. If you can't do that then you're most likely tone deaf, hehe.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Does that mean we can determine what music a person likes by the shape of their ear? Does this determine whether or not we can tell whether a note is played by a saxophone vs. a piano?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy