In a moment everything can change - Bob Yow Z!
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Benefits of war in Iraq

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
TitoGrey is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Benefits of war in Iraq
Hey guys,

I have been reading a lot that the war in Iraq is a mistake, that it is comparable to Vietnam war, that the US troops need to withdraw as soon as possible. I simply do not agree. I think that the media reports, especially those from CNN and other democratic channels are simply exaggerated. I agree with the author of this article http://www.europeancourier.org/19.htm who points out many genuine benefits of the war in Iraq. His analysis is academic and scientific so he can not be accused of supporting any particular party's agenda. I think it is a good thing that US troops stay in Iraq and continue to fight. I hope they will not be withdrawn and that Baker's group will suggest something really worth considering. In my opinion we need to continue this war to secure our freedom and national security in the future.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well that was amusing.

quote:
His analysis is academic and scientific so he can not be accused of supporting any particular party's agenda.

Um, bullshit. And here is why.

He paints his opposistion, ya know the governments he is constantly in dissagreement with, as becoming authoritarian (which they are, but with absolutely no mention of some identical and even surpassed acts and legislation being passed in the US and UK )

quote:
There are many signs that Russia is being transformed into an authoritarian country:

- The destruction of parliamentary opposition.

- The suppression of independent television and the majority of newspapers.

- The arrest and conviction of Mikhail Chodorkowski. Not because he stole his first million, but because he put part of his legally earned income into support for the anti-Kremlin opposition.

These incidents are embarrassing not only for Russia but also for the countries which consider Russia as their ally.

Oh ya! Well we have free speach zones and blockades, mass arrests as at the RNC, we're passing constitution bashing legislation like we were making cotton candy, habeus corpus, bill of rights, who needs em. We spy on ourselves, Storm Troop, arrest, torture, lie etc.

Our most watched media is calling citizens who question Bush or events like 9/11 as aids of terrorists, and even terrorists. Bush and the Pentagon have been caught planting domestic propaganda (as well as in Iraq of course) and the media is helping with loads of self censorship and flat out name calling to avoid actual debate. But they know how many journalists have died in this war.

Etc.

Moving on.

He speaks of others acting in their own best interests while western democracies, other than france, all have freedom on the brain

quote:
France has always treated the idea of integration as a means of achieving its own national interests and imperial ambitions.

Oh but America who is even trashing its own freedom at home is in Iraq to protect and serve, to bring peace through war.

No other reasons exist, nope. Straight shooter this one.

quote:
the only way to implement democracy in the Middle East is, paradoxically, to impose it upon societies from above.

He even suggests we create civil war, which we are, when we decide THIER authoritarian governments need to go.

quote:
If domestic movements which truly desire to implement democracy, do not exist and the West cannot replace them, then the role of the West is to find such potential forces, educate them, and then support them in their fight against authoritarian governments.

Wow, I wonder if he would ever say that about his own government.

Plus, he feels we should spread the love, raid and bomb Iran and Syria, a lot.

quote:
the Americans can be criticized for not conducting short military strikes into these two countries on a regular basis. Such raids would considerably discourage Tehran and Damascus from sending their agents into Iraq, or helping Al-Qaeda's members to infiltrate Iraq

Discourage? History has shown self defense against foreign invaders to be quite the source of motivation, take that squabble that was thought to have ended with the memorable catch phrase, "Mission Accomplished". How exactly did that one end again?

I loved his quip about China.

quote:
Let's state it openly: if Russia is unable to either develop eastern Siberia, or defend it against hostile invasion, and if by acquiring that territory the Chinese will:

a) Secure the existence of millions of their people.

b) Diminish dangerous tensions within a country as vast as China.

Then such a change will benefit not only China itself, but the rest of the world, and even Russia itself.

That is... them moving into Russia.

Yep, when I sat and thought about how China could stop being a repressive torturous property theiving censorhip to the extreme kinda organ cultivating society with mobile execution vans, a loosening of its restrictive border belt was first to come to mind.

But whatever, he's the Dr. and you seem pretty convinced, why not.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
Benefits of war in Iraq
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy