Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Give Michael Richards (Kramer) a break!

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
David_Flowers is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
As most of you probably know our beloved friend Kramer shouted racial slurs at a heckler at his stand up comedy act. And I've just seen this go on and on and on in the news and I have a couple of points I thought I'd share with you guys.

A.) If you're doing a show and somebody heckles you and interupts you, isn't that rude and "uncalled for" as well? Can you really blame him for getting mad at the man?

B.) Just b/c he used the "N-word", that doesn't mean he's a racist. When you're argueing* with somebody, its natural to use whatever you can to get at them? The man was black, so its expected for race to come up.

C.) He has apologized multiple times on many shows again and again, but people still wont shut up about it. He has said he's sorry and that it was a horrible mistake on his part.....what more do you want? He can't turn back time (and if he could, I'm sure he'd do things differently...), so an apology is about all he can do. Enough is enough, nobody is perfect.

D.) I'm not black, I'm white, and I'm NOT a racist, but I think the self proclaimed "victims" of his "deliberate attack on the black community" are milking this......to the max. So he called somebody a name......boo hoo, grow up. I don't agree with what he said, but honestly how damaging is the word "Nigger"? Its common among the black community, its in movies, music,etc. It doesn't really bother black people unless....DUM DUM DUM.......A WHITE GUY SAYS IT!!!! Words are words and nothing more. Its okay if a black guy calls me "cracker"...oh wait "cracka", but its a BIG DEAL if anybody calls a black person a ni****. I saw Jessie Jackson use the words "people are still bleeding from this horrible attack on the black community". As if to say Richards planned this out and "attacked" the heckler. And the whole boycott on the Seinfeld franchize....thats ridiculous, (it wouldn't hold anyway, Seinfeld was brilliant).

And he's being taken to court under a law suit......are you kidding me? What are you going to say? "Your honor..he called me a name". 1st admendment......case over. Quit wallowing in pity and grow up. When it comes down to the wire, people are making a much bigger deal out of this than it is.

E.) If the African-American community doesn't wish to be called such names, they should stop portraying that image. As I said earlier, I''m deffinately NOT a racist, but the image that the black community portrays themselves isn't helping them. The whole "gangsta thug G-Unit badass no respect ghetto" thing only angers people. I don't understand their reasoning behind this, I'm just wondering why. Do they WANT people to think they're uneducated, lawless, and obnoxious? I feel sorry for the African-Americans who respect other people and values of a healthy society. I admire men like Obahma and Martin Luther King Jr.,etc. I think the black community needs to wake up and realize that they're not the victims that they like to pretend they are. They're just like everybody else, humans like the rest of us, so quit playing the victim, nobody hates you just b/c you're a different color. If anybody hates you in any way, its more than likely b/c of the attitude that "your people" show everybody on BET, and the entire media in general. Where the right sized clothes (if you think you're being Gangsta...you're just looking ignorant), don't put out an anti-establishment rebellion image if you don't want to be called on it.

I'm not a racist, I just thought I'd put out some points about the whole Michael Richards thing and the views of an average white citizen on the black community. I'M NOT A RACIST and if you're black and took offense to this....I'm sorry, but there is nothing offensive about this post. Open to responses.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy