Ah, yes, divorce..., from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man's genitals through his wallet. --Robin Williams - Wyote
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A small Situation

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zach is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A small Situation
Heres my small not so serious situation. I just want to know what you all think about it.

As most of you already know I was just recently dumped by my gf of 2yrs. Well that was on October 11, and it has been over a month now. I am definintely not over here yet and I do not plan on dating until im sure im over her.

So the situation starts when I found out this girl at my work named Jamie likes me and everyone has been telling me. She is pretty, nice and seemingly mature. Although there are complications. She has a BF! And she has been with him for over 2 years now. She says their relationship is holding on by just thread and he cheated on her a long time ago, and she still hasnt been able to get over that.

But the fact that she has been telling everyone that she likes me seems a little immature seeing she has a boyfriend. I am attracted to her but I know I cannot date her until I am over my ex and who knows how long that will take. Plus Her Me and her boyfriend all work togather at the same place. I like her boyfriend he is a cool guy, and I dont want to be that guy who she lives him for.

She also says she isnt sure if she is in love with him anymore. But the fact that she would leave him for me, leaves me thinking "If your going to leave him for me then what would stop you from leaving me for another guy in the future." But then again I remember that he did cheat on her and that could be the reason she wants out. Im not sure. Its a little confusing. Its tempting to enter a relationship right now but I know I am not healthy enough. I need to wait. So I have been just trying to get to know her as a friend, I havn't been flirting and Im not trying to lead her on. I just want to get close to her as a friend then maybe someday in the future if the conditions are right we could date but I am on the rebound now and she has a buyfriend who says "He cant live without her" so Im not expecting anything out of this anytime soon.

Any thouhts?

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What better way to fix the pain of a break up than to be the cause of a break up?

"The truth will set you on fire"
 37yrs • M •
NOOO!!! I hope i don't. I better back off.

44yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Digital_Kitten is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hey Zach,

I think some good things to keep in mind are:

1) Is she someone you can take seriously after you've given some time to get to know her. Right now, it seems to me that you are working on alot of assumptions of her character because you don't know her that well...

2) Even though you are in pain, maybe "living" your life is what you need in order to get over the pain that's caused by your recent breakup. Maybe that doesn't mean you have to immediately go out there and date again, but you can definetly stay busy and putting lots of other activities in your life to remind you that it's possible to have fun again, alone or with friends. If that "living" emcompass getting to meet new people, or "dating"... why not? YOu're single. Don't beat yourself over something that's over.

What do you think?

"Don't tell me there is only black and white."
 37yrs • M •
I am trying to keep busy and have fun, but its pretty hard cause there is nothing to do around here. Also it doesn't help that I have pretty much NO friends at all. Im lonely and dont have much of any means to meet new people. I am definitely not over my ex, and dating anyone right now would probably make me sick. I don't even know what Im typing right now. ttyl

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wayback is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As they say, this female may be trying to use you to promote (reinerest) her bf. Yes , you seem to be on the rebound still, try being friend's before you start into a relationship? Take it one step at a time, make freinds then you may find more friends in her circle .

A small Situation
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy