We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be. - Pouky
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Lost friend......

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Lost friend......
How does one feel when they lose a friend un-intentionally?

They feel quite hurt actually. As if they have done this person wrong. They feel like they want very badly to get this friendship back because they feel like a piece of them is missing. That they should be trying to earn the friendship back and at the same time feel like the friendship is not wanted, so that distracts them from trying.

It is very hard to not constantly have thoughts in the back of the mind thinking......why....how....should.....needed....wanted?

What path will be taken? Who is to know?

31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ScorcherTheMe is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
If the goal is to be friends again, genuinely, then the first step seems to be to remind each other why the friendship is valuable. You can't do this with words usually... selfless actions or simple fun are both methods of re-conditioning each other into an environment where both look kindly at each other and begin to once again rely on one another.

... says Decius.

I'm actually a bit skeptical about that, since I've been trying that on a former friend of mine, who is semi-selfish (she only thinks about herself and one other person). I don't think it works on every friend, but most only.

Restless Mind, I would say look back at what caused this, and see if you can join or stop it. If not, then the best thing to do would be to, if you couldn't keep in touch, gather all of your memories with that person, keep it in one conspicuous place, and try to have fun with your other friends. Most likely, that will take your mind off the sadness and possible depression.

"You are what you say you are."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've strayed away many times from my friends. In fact many people know who I am and know me from my childhood. What I find is usually when I run back into them it seems to be that their just glad to see me and I usually feel the same way. I've lost friends over stupid things but usually over time because those things were so stupid and foolish you forgive people and people forgive you. My friendships seem to just come and go and I'm ok with that.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
show that you dont hold a grudge or any resent ment and that you want to be friends again and if the person still doesnt want to be friends, well there loss.

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
 54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If I lose a friend it is because of some type of betrayal either on my part or the other party.

Then I don't give one shit about them, and I do not miss them. Either I betrayed them because they deserved it, or them I, but after that point they can suck it.

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
Lost friend......
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy