Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Eat the Cook's Brians poem

User Thread
 56yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that WolfLarsen is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Getting Shot on a Beautiful Sunny Day
A Poem By Wolf Larsen

A cook took his brains out of his head and served it as an abstract painting to the restaurant's diners, once they ate the abstract paintings the diners in the restaurant turned into steel mills making love to your sister, this is why you live in Brazil, then the moon split in half and a rush of orgies oozed and fell out of the moon and now the entire world is a mental ward, then your doorbell rang and a nuclear bomb walked through your door and so now you're crawling through the 19th century, or a symphony was creating flying saucers, all the flying saucers are replicas of the Eiffel Tower sitting in class with you because suddenly you're in fifth grade again, a giraffe eats all the streets in Brazil, Brazil is an ocean is a vertical song and so the poem breeds with a mass of wars rushing out of my pen, then she kissed you and that is why the cook served you his brains for dinner
Copyright 2005 by Wolf Larsen
(First published in Offerta Speciale literary magazine, Italy)

If you would like to read more you may click on:
Wolf Larson

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm going to assume that none of this is serious, but what I got from it was a satire of abstract poets. If that is what you are trying to say with this then I completely agree. Abstractness before meaning deludes the meaning so much that usually, by the end of the poem, there is no meaning at all. I think most abstract poets just have nothing to say and use their medium to conceal the fact that there is nothing really going on in their brain.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hey Wolf,

Cool poem. I would love to be a fly on the wall in one of your dreams! You sound like a very interesting person with lots to say about everything. I wonder if such a creative person can keep just one train of thought, without turning every moment in to a Salvador Dali work of art!

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy