Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

confused

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
avtrfa18 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
confused
Well I'm stuck with a predicament, its about a ex. We broke up around April. I must say, it was my one and only true love, so thought. Anyway, we haven't been in contact with each other until a couple of days ago. She sent me a song by Tim Mcgraw-Please remember me. What should I do? I mean, I kind want her back, but has a boyfriend. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

"Never regret, instead, learn from it"
 32yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that xloobyloox is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hrm...thats a tricky one, i guess what you could do is see if things are still the same around her, you two still get along like you used to, make sure shes not just looking for you to be a friend, if things are different and your not acting the same with one another then you gotta give it time for things to be the same as they were before, you loved her but you broke up. so you gotta start from the beginning, just remember that your feelings might be different , and personalities change, just get to know her again like you used to know her.

toodles xo

"Why kill the bumblebee when your the pain in the ass?"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Revolución is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Firstly, I think that you're putting too much pressure on yourself.

it was my one and only true love
You're 18, with many years ahead of you (unless you have cancer or something), with more time than you can probably use, and unlimited opportunities.

If you get into a fatalistic frame of mind about this girl, you'll end up screwing yourself up unnecessarily.

That being said, if you're still really into her, tell her. If she feels the same way about you, her new squeeze will be inconsequential. If she just wants to be friends, you might be a bit embarassed, but in a couple of days you'll be glad that you tried.

Just don't wait too long.

"A revolution is not a bed of roses. A revolution is a struggle to the death between the future and the past."
 35yrs • M •
avtrfa18 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Wow thanks Revolucion, never really thought of it that way. Thanks, I'll try it.

"Never regret, instead, learn from it"
 32yrs • F
never say you cant have true love at a young age, tahts not true lol

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i second that, some people will tell you that you are missing out on things if you find the person you want young, and mayb you do miss out on some things, but you also get to skip the "being messed about" stage of relationships.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Revolución is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I didn't say that you can't find "true love" at a young age... I said that to believe that a past relationship was your last chance at true love, especially when you are very young, is very silly and self-depricating.

"A revolution is not a bed of roses. A revolution is a struggle to the death between the future and the past."
 32yrs • F
okey dokey

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you're never past your last chance at love really, (unless you are on your death bed at which point the chances decrease exponentially) you cna find it at any time, if something worked well at one point and still looks to go with it, but if it fell apart for a reason (and that reason still exists) dont go running back because of the way it was before it fell apart.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 44yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Digital_Kitten is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I hope part of the reason you're wanting her back is not because she has found someone....

"Don't tell me there is only black and white."
confused
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy