Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I like her, but how do i ask her out

User Thread
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that RocketTed is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hey i like this one girl carissa (rissa) and i dont know how to ask her out. help please

"Bad things to hear in a submarine: "Captain, the flooding put out the fire!!""
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that RocketTed is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
oh yhea its high school

"Bad things to hear in a submarine: "Captain, the flooding put out the fire!!""
 35yrs • M •
avtrfa18 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Well, the best way to handle a situation like this is, just do it. Girls tend to love these kinds of guys. Don't be scared of denial. If it does happen, at least you won't be wasting any more of each other's time. Just by asking the question you asked, I can tell your pretty nervous(sp?) about doing it. Just put yourself in a pedistal, have some confidence.

"Never regret, instead, learn from it"
 32yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that xloobyloox is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well when my bf asked me out he just said he felt like we were going out, and he wanted to make it offical. its been about 6 months now and i still love him with all my heart and i when he told me how he felt i really loved it. just tell her how much she means to you and that it would feel really right to be with her, more then friends.

you should never do anything unless your certain otherwise your better off as friends.

"Why kill the bumblebee when your the pain in the ass?"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Revolución is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I was at an acreage party with the girl I was into... dead of winter. I was 16, she was 15. It was too hot inside, so I announced that I was going for a walk. She agreed and came with me. We were talking for a bit in front of the house, and when we came to a small bridge over a constructed stream, we had a comfortable silence.

I said the following... "Are you having a good time?" She asked me what I meant. I replied, "in life... are you having a good time?" She told me that she was. I told her that I was having a good time as well... and that "I think we could have a better time together." We'll have been together for 5 years this January.

Just trying to give you inspiration. You could, of course, always go with my old favorite line, "Ever been raped?" Works like a charm.

"A revolution is not a bed of roses. A revolution is a struggle to the death between the future and the past."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
apparently the best chatup line is "does this rag smell of chloroform to you?", but i don't suggest trying that one (at least not as a first port of call )

and my way is the way to avoid, have a month long period in which you ask her best friend to find out if your she likes you too, meanwhile she is doing the same thing to the same friend. then finally getting round to asking her out over the phone, the day before she goes to america for 2 1/2 weeks. (though in my case it did work as we have been going out for 2 1/2 years).

in otherwords ignore the rest of what i've just said cos its all waffle and take the advice of the 3 people above me

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
[  Edited by Cynic-Al at   ]
 44yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Digital_Kitten is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
*LOL @ Cynic-Al's responses* Good ones. Had me smile for a good 2 minutes there, Mister Al.

I think you're situation really depends on how well you both know each other. Because the approach really should differ from 'pure strangers', to 'long-time friends' , to 'I kind of know her from seeing her lots in the hall ways, or in class'. What degree do you know the said gal in question?

"Don't tell me there is only black and white."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Kitten: to quote the doors of the Heart of gold "Glad to be of service" (if you think im talking rubbish please read hitchhikers guide to the galaxy)

Ted: Kitten is right though, your approach should vary depending on how well you know someone. if anything asking out someone you dont know is easier, because there is not as much discomfort if you dont talk to the them again after asking them out. whereas with a longer running friend you dont want to mess up what you've already got (hence why i irritated the hell out of my gf's best mate for a month or two before asking my gf out).

good way would be to invite her to watch a film or something (this is presuming you know her at least to talk to) and see how she reacts when it is just you two together no-one else to feel embarassed in front of. (if ur lucky they give you hints that they like you, such as nearly fall asleep with their head on your shoulder, though i think generally most girls arent that obvious) just make sure its a romantic film either at the cinema or just rented out on dvd (not quite so romantic but hey) if she says yes to watching the film just the two of you its a good start, just see how things progress. also just ring her up to chat to (make sure she knows you've got her phone number otherwise she'll get scared, oops ), i was ringing my gf a couple of nights a week for a chat before we were going out, means you get to know them before jumping in at the deep end.

i have now run out of useless things to say so will end my ramble here.

Cynic

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy