Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Self-Acceptance

User Thread
 44yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Digital_Kitten is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Self-Acceptance
Why is self-acceptance so hard in this day and age? I'm not referring to your stereotypic, run-of-the-mill scenario where you have your cliches in high-school.

I would like to explore people who are in their twenties, who seemingly have their shit together on the out-side, come from a very supportive family, and yet still have a hard time measuring up. What is the mising link?

As well, I am wondering what are some good ways to build self-acceptance.

"Don't tell me there is only black and white."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The missing link is between who you think you are and who you think you want to be.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think the best way to achieve, as opposed to 'dealing with' self-acceptence is to not think about self-acceptence. As someone has said to me; 'the mind only really becomes a bad thing when it turns in on itself'.

""No words""
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think self acceptance has always been hard to achieve, people will always want to measure up to some standard that they percieve someone else as measuring up to. human nature provides envy and jealousy, and these affect every area of our lives.

the main question is "to what extent do we want self acceptance?". i like the majority of my character, but there are still stupid things i do that i wish i didn't (stupid remarks that are badly timed or just fall flat). self accptance can only go so far, you should be happy with who you are and not being doing things that go against your morals just to fit in, lifes not a popularity contest. but then do you really want every jerk and asshole being happy with who they are and wandering round making other peoples lives miserable, don't we want them to change? self and social acceptance have to go together we need to find a level that both ourselves and society can live with.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
Self-Acceptance
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy