Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What Is Wrong With Being A Slut - Page 3

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
squarecircle is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
If you look at animals like the bull and the lion they mate with as many females as possible. Procreation is every species main objective and we are no different. That explains the stud part.

Society has created the slut. Society used to be completely male dominated, and the slut is the last ruin of that time created by insecure men probably.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think awakened has a good point about the difference between someone who uses sex as a way to feel connected to people and someone who uses another means being the only reason that we frown upon sluts.

however ther are 2 small things i want to say, firstly, those who use sex as a method of feeling connected usually do have self confidence issues and often don't know how to interact socially without interacting sexually (think jenny in forrest gump).

and secondly, we do frown upon those who are clingy in other ways, not as severly as someone who is a "slut" but they are still not respected by others. We consider them weak and sheeplike, people who follow someone and that person's instructions unquestioningly because they want to feel involved.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 35yrs • M •
avtrfa18 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
There is nothing wrong on being a "slut" in some cases. Personally I like these so called "sluts", there are very easy and agree to the terms on what men seek, sex. The only downfall to this, is when your trying to get into a serious relationship. Personally, I would never consider a long term relationship with a "slut". But then again, this is only in my opion.

"Never regret, instead, learn from it"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
that is a very callous approach to social interaction.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I honestly believe that love is meant to be forever... Call me old-fashioned, but that's what I think.
The virgin-slut thing makes sense to someone who wants to start early in life, understandable...
The three-some thing doesn't always make sense though, I reckon...
I think we've reached a point in history where a father wants to be a good father and be able to spend time with his children, so the idea of wanting to be a stud here has it's down-falls.
The idea behind wanting to be with a virgin makes sense, such that you can have feelings of some sort of 'ownership'. Which, understandably, you can see in two very different ways...
I think having sex, just because it feels good, neglects the special kind of connection you achieve when you are involved in a relationship. A connection that I think lasts a life-time.
I think culture has a lot to do with it, though...
There is one problem with the father must support his kids notion, being the possibility of living in communal style environment or communist state, or something of the like. Although, yeah, we don't have that world-wide at the moment.
What is true power, what is true control, what is true libido? The answers are many and varied but one could say they may come from more rational and clear-minded thinking.
I agree with the idea that our urges have a great role to play, but there are urges on both sides of course, (they just aren't always quite equally weighted on each side).
When I think of things like being a 'slut', I like to think that it's okay to be a slut but it is bad to be slutty. I divorce the existence from the activity. We are all a victim of circumstance. We are all equal. However, some things we would prefer not to do. For some, this is being a slut.
What is wrong with being a slut?
What does it mean to you? What will it mean in five years? In ten years?
In my mind, if I got to that stage, I would have some regret, but I would still be looking for 'the one'... There's more to life anyway... and, you're still the comfortable old you...

"There is no negative one..."
 36yrs • M •
aphfaneire is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
All men love sluts is a complete and utter lie.

Well its true, who really wants to sleep with the stigmatised sexually active woman that by the very implication of the word must have something wrong with her. The social stigma of the word slut has been molded to cover a spectrum of women who are sexually active and in some aspects reckless or rebelious. If you think about it, this kind of women covers a lot of young women these days in more disadvantaged areas or countries with larger populations, where such actions are popularised.
No one wants to hear about a girl next door in general gossip or in the newspapers, society wants to hate or idolise certain types of people, and it does both for sluts.

Just to put it in perspective, not all guys want to be studs either.
Society dictates that guys are supposed to want girls to be sluts, but only nyphete lolitas when with those guys, not in public.

I for one as a young male entering my very short prime, feel that sluts and bimbos and that whole stereotype and anyone i see as part of it are just wrong. Just bring on the normal people, the girls next door, the shy girls, the fucked up girls. The other side of the dream is that somewhere along the line they're a built in slut, im a guy, i cant escape that illusion

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zach is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Being a slut or the person on the recieving end will never truly be happy living that life style. Its only a moment of happiness, true happiness lies else where. Just my two cents.

What Is Wrong With Being A Slut - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy