Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Life and Golf

User Thread
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Life and Golf
I was playing golf the other day and an analogy for life hit me. In this life, we are constantly playing on a hole. We are all aiming to get the best score for the hole we're on. Once we get the ball in the hole, we evaluate ourselves and figure out where we are in the big scheme of things (compare our score the par). After the evaluation we move onto another hole, the next hole in line (a logical process). We finish that hole and evaluate our standing in the game yet again. So what happens when we finish the golf game? Well, if you like the game enough, you might pick the same course again (for practice or entertainment) or perhaps pick another course that looks interesting. If you get good enough, you can even compete with the best and have worldwide appraise.

This is how I view life. I look at it in the micro and the macro. When the my life ends, I will logically move onto the next step in my path (the next course I choose). We are constantly progressing and I don't think it ends at death. Not to say there is life after death, but perhaps there is a choice made for our next life, even if we aren't conscious of it. After all, I am the sperm that made it to the egg

"The truth will set you on fire"
Life and Golf
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy