Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why is it that, as human beings, we seldom like to admit ignorance?

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
SJ Demetri is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Why does someone have to be right? In my short journey through the worlds of philosophy, religion, music, art, history. Change is the only thing anyone seems to have a grasp on. So how can, at any period of time, can we claim to know all we need? If we will continue to change, wont the truth? Wat do you think about the greater truth? or is everything determined by you? if so why are we warring in Foreign lands? talk to me people!

"I know not, the first step to wisdom."
 37yrs • M •
SJ Demetri is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The very task of thinking up the questions to ask, devalues the question itself. Truth flows without inhibition and requires no interpretation, just the wisdom that we are all ignorant gives the means to learn.

37yrs • M •
Why am i so unsure of what i'm sure of, why is the world moving and i cant feel it?

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A fool says I know but a wise man says I wonder. Because when you think you know it all, that's when you stop learning and that's why some people will never grow up and always act childish and can only resort to name calling when it is shown they have missed something.

I had a chief once who taught me saying, "Watch, stupid people will always try to find fault in others so that no one else can see that they are ignorant."

Those who ask questions become the smartest people on this earth and those who think they always have the answer never learn anything as they foolishly try to teach the rest of us.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Watch how many people don't actually know the definition of ignorance. Many think its another word used to call someone stupid rather than uninformed.

Wisest is she who knows she does not know.

Otherwise, it generally comes down to the basics, fear, fear of being proven wrong, fear of having an unpopular view, fear of looking like an ass.... and along with infinite more reasons of fear, let alone an infinite number of other reasons all together, there cannot be forgotten the simple fear of the truth.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Its a survival instinct. Many humans dont like to think of themselves as having weaknesses. Ignorance is looked down upon and often considered a weakness. The problem is, that if you are truly ignorant and fail to come to grips with this, there is no way to fix the problem. To become, "un-ignorant."

oh, and i think someone said this: that if you are truly, completely ignorant, you wont recognize your ignorance...and therefore cannot admit it.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Aristotle said, "Buy nature, men desire to know". This is apparently true in almost everyone. Some take it farther then others. Some leave it at the simple gossip of the town. Others take it to the realms of the apriora. Such as the greatest question of all. "What is the nature of God".

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy