Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Strength and weakness

User Thread
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Disenchanted is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Strength and weakness
I've been wondering about how people see themselves. What would you say are your strengths, and what are your flaws? Also, are you satisfied with the results of your self-exploration, and attempts to correct the flaws you see in yourself?

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
unfortunately, I can think of more flaws than strengths for myself...

[+]
*Veryy adaptable to any situation.
*Learn new things almost instantly; like I've known it all my life.
*Relate to just about every kind of "genre" of people. [skater,jock,goth,gamer, ect..]

[-]
*If I can complete something half ass, I'd do that instead.
*For certain things, I bend the truth more than I should.
*I tend to stop doing things like hobbies, sports, even school work due to bordom like it's to easy or slow pace.
*My book smarts are no where near up to par with my street smarts.
*It seems I'm so desperate to find true love again that I do almost everything and anything to find it instead of letting it find me.
*I can get very mad or depressed from the littlest things.
*I don't believe in myself as much as I should or would like.

Really don't feel like embarrassing myself further.. but as for self-exploration, I think I've come a LONGGGG way because now after reading more into psychology and philosophy, it seems I've become more self-aware and I have a better peace of mind.

Care to share, Disenchanted?

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 44yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Digital_Kitten is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Interesting questions. I have to say that strenghes and weaknesses are 'labels' we give to a quality trait we possess that may help us (i.e. strength) or hinder us (i.e. weakness) depending on the context they are expressed in.

For example, someone who likes to exert their personality and be heard (their goal & intention) may do so in such a manner that can be viewed as obnoxious because of the way they procure attention. In another context, when they are amongst mild-mannered individuals may be overlooked, and tolerated with.

So, in the first context, it's a weakness. In the latter context, it may be a strength. Depending on how you look at it. I think the most important thing one needs to be aware of is how their behaviors impact those around them, and their environment, and in what context, and how it fits with their goals. In one area, and social domain, it may be great, it another - it may not work.

One of the fun things about life is finding out that one quality about yourself needs to be changed to suit the new changes that has risen from the environment. Nothing is permanent, and if it were - life would be boring. So, seeing the nuances of yourself and altering not the core but little things are always fun.

"Don't tell me there is only black and white."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What would you say are your strengths, and what are your flaws? Noting the heading 'Strength & Weakness'.
I see weakness => flaws?
Hmm . . . the source of your greatest strength is also the source of your greatest weakness? So I would tend toward digit knittens view
quote:
I have to say that strenghes and weaknesses are 'labels' we give to a quality trait we possess
that may help us (i.e. strength) or hinder us (i.e. weakness) depending on the context they are expressed in.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 35yrs • F •
I'm not really sure what you two are talking about to be honest; what does it have to do with the question? If you are saying that a weakness and a flaw are two different things, I'm going by this definition of weakness: failing: a flaw or weak point; "he was quick to point out his wife's failings." I figured the context would be clear by reading the post.

Sure, in some situations our traits may help or hinder us. But surely you must have things that you don't/didn't like about yourself and decided you wanted to change. Regardless of context. I'm just asking what you consider your strong points, your weak points, and how satisfied you are with your efforts in self-improvement.

44yrs • F •
My strong points are: Genuine and true to my character regardless of context. (Stablility). Patient. I try. uhm...Open to new opinions. Humility. Practial, and realistic.

Weakpoints: laziness. I don't think I push myself hard enough. lack of discipline. Don't fight hard enough.

I don't know if I would be so strong as to use the words, "don't like about myself". I've been disappointed with myself, and I know that I could always do better, but I don't think I would say, "dislike". ANd, yes when I'm unhappy with certain things I usually do try and change it. I'd have to say that even though I haven't completely oblierated my failings, or weakness, or flaws. I'm pretty satisified with the balance I've sought. And, when I know that I'm constantly challenging and pushing myself, I feel good about it. As oppose to just idly siting by and observing what is going on with myself. What about you, Disenchanted? What were you thinking of working on?

35yrs • F •
Glad to hear you're quite satisfied with the balance you've achieved Digital_Kitten. That's a good achievement.

There are many things I'm trying to improve upon:

- cynicism
- laziness
- patience
- confidence
- standing up for myself
- learning how to deal with good attention, and believe that it is genuine
- not keeping everything so bottled up
- shyness

I'm finding it very difficult, and self-doubt gets in the way when I wonder if I'm trying to be something I'm just not. Going down a road to nowhere in pursuit of things that are out of my reach.

so I guess

- self-acceptance

44yrs • F •
Disenchanted - I have to applaud you for being so brave and honest. I think being what... a decade older than you - I can definetly relate to what you're feeling right now. However, I am going to reaasure you that the older you get the more you are going to feel comfortable with yourself. ANd, no... I'm not going to condescend on you and explain the reason for that is because of age. That is a load of B.S. To be quite honest, if you go out there and join a lot of school clubs, or community events that challenge yourself and expand your horizon not only mentally but socially - the more you are going to be comfortable in your own skin, b/c you will always find people that are going to be against you, and people that are going to look out for you and on your side and through TONS of experience, you'll learn to be happy with yourself due to general acceptance. So, good luck and get your butt out there!!! That's what worked for me. General experience, either through a part-time job, or an environment where you are forced to co-operate with everyone and they you.

44yrs • F •
p.s. Don't try to be something your not, b/c everyone can sense that. No one likes a faker. Instead find something within yourself that you appreciate that you can radiate outside... and share it with the world. If people don't like it, shrug your shoulders and say, "who cares". There will always be others that like the *real* you, or the YOu, You appreciate. When there is alot of positive reinforcements, you'll find that you like yourself more and more, and compromise less.

34yrs • F •
aaron7 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
don't think that too much, as they said, let the problems think of you........... don't worry and so don't despair.......... it really affects your situation right now......... you can be depressed on regards to your problem! yes, i admit that me, too, have a problem but i don't really care much about that. As i said to myself, don't waste your time to your problems instead you think a plan on how you will overcome your worries......... then i have made it! really! just try, it is very useful to you.......

"wag niong aagawin sa akin si aaron carter!! hehehe......"
 34yrs • F •
aaron7 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
and also don't be a hermit. when you don't want to be treaten like that show something valuable. it is very good for a you to converse with the persons that may involve to your problems........... just try something like that..... don't think of what will be the results........ just try......... there will be having changes in your life......... as you go beyond don't let it pass because your problem mey probably attack your emotional sequences.......... much more when you show nothing to everyone................ as for me only, don't let the situation grab your opportunities to strive something good.......... it is only a trial......... but the decision is always in your hands not mine........

"wag niong aagawin sa akin si aaron carter!! hehehe......"
Strength and weakness
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy