If you talk to God, you are praying. If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia. - Thomas Szasz
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

In Rememberance of Innocent Suffering

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I attended the Hiroshima remembrance this Sunday, added to that is a remembrance of all the children lost after Desert Storm.

In an old Christian church converted into an art studio was now set in Buddhist formality with pictures of dead and deformed children hung upon the walls.

I wonder - why do the innocent suffer and die indiscriminently? I feel a little anger at a God I believe in, and hope for an answer that I cannot now understand - a justice in a future I cannot see.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm sorry. Next time I shed a tear I'll let ya know and include your emotions expressed here in its worth. Not much else to say...

"Dark and silent and complete."
 59yrs • M •
IrishPagan is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Perhaps, to put it in terms of your religion, Free Will.

Some human beings will always seek power over their fellow humans. A natural emotion I guess, some will transfer their need for control to pets, thie enviroments, websites, etc, if they cannot gain control of their nieghbors.

That Free Will allows a person to convince themselves of a translation of their scriptures, for example, that seeminlgy proof their right to impose their will, to mpose their religion onto others, to cause war, death.

Manifest Destiny and Divine Providence are two such read-ins that the US has utilized, first to push our borders to the west coast, later to influence a religious minority to take over the country almost completly, and even later to spread our form of democracy into an unexpecting and unwilling world.

Innocents die, simply because they are innocents, caught within the meat grinder of aggressive politics and power plays.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I can understand the machine that killed and punished these children, what I can't understand is "why these children?"

Some people like to believe we are spreading Democracy or Christianity and thus justifying war - Cheney and many like him would like you to believe it also everytime they go to the bank.

What they hope to spread is Capitalism, and it isn't to help feed the hungry either.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 59yrs • M •
IrishPagan is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
You've answered your own question, Ok

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy