Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar. - Ana Rpo
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Some questions about the interworking of our government?

User Thread
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have to admit ignorance about the our system of government nad how they were/are meant to work?
For example, being in the Marines, I am aware that they are at the presidents direct control where as the military (Army, Navy & Air Force) to act requires action by Congress (decllaring war). Now, in Iraq, we seem to be depending upon the National Guard to a great extent which in the past has been within the borders of the USA.
Now the president used the war powers act as an emergency measure but didn't Congress still have to declare war?
If so then on whom did they declare war as war is generally considered acts of governments?
So is the present conflicts war declared by Congress or a police action declared by the president?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

The way I understand it, Congress gave that right to the president after 9/11, now the president as commander in Chief is the most powerful person on earth, commanding the largest military in the world, and he can bomb whoever he wants to, doesn't have to ask anybody, kinda scary huh.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 72yrs • M •
I was in another thread with a Bushite, making the point that Bush didn't LIE to the people, foreign governments, etc about 911.
I pointed out that at the time several congresspersons [pc] had made inquireries as to CIA & other security agencies involvement or investiagations were quashed with the security (secreacy) blanket.
Strange coincident that bush would latter use the unknown details as an excuse for misinformed opinons? Then we have those who would denial of human rights for terrorist . . . they shouldn't be given fair (equal) humame treatment!
Let's see, these terrorist are taking courses leading to acquiring their pilot licenses then they can take control and crash the airplanes into strategic targets? So what happened? they didn't seem to have the knowledge to fly the planes so why did they change their plans? I mean, as pilots, they would be in a much better position (being in the cockpit) and coordinating their scheludes to simustaineously act?
Did they fail their exams so depressed make a suicide pact to save face? Or did they receive direct comfirmation of orders, signed & sealed by O'bin?
I heard that they had a trial & convicted a terrorist involved with those who died in the planes? but I didn't hear much about his defense or matters produced at the trial?
We attacked Afganistan for O'bin but can't find him?
Then we take Iraq under the pretense of WMD's but they aren't found either?
So now we have the constitution violated on presidential authority of War acts but the War on Terrorism is nothing more than a pretense for these actions (side-stepping the rights of the people) than to work out any solutions of our problems?

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 64yrs • M •
When you know that you and your daughters will never hunger or experience violence but will always be served, protected and cared for, then the mission is complete - some had to make sacrifices, what an honourable thing.

The president lives in a disconected state of mania most likely induced by some major anti depresents.

72yrs • M •
quote:
When you know that you and your daughters will never hunger or experience violence but will always be served, protected and cared for, then the mission is complete - some had to make sacrifices, what an honourable thing.
Ah, when they are dead & gone to heaven? I see that must be the True objective ofa the War on Terrorism, War on Crime, War on **whatever**!
quote:
*whatever* as long as we will war upon it, they will find it
May be the best way to stop Warring is to try living in Peace?

64yrs • M •
I attended a Democratic picnic and listened to speeches from all the Democratic canadits. One of them quoted Trumen and said that there should be not war profiters, that all the profits should go back to the people who have made the sacrifice. Then we would see the true cost of war when noone profits from it and we wouldn't be so encouraged to enter into it or maintain such a large war machine.

72yrs • M •
Well, speaking of false profit, todays paper (Gainesville Sun) had (Section G) has an article in it about Haliburton. According to the article Army to end exclusive Haliburton contract . . . The choice comes after several years of attacks by critics who saw the contract as a symbol of politically connected corporationsprofiteering on the War.
. . . The decision on Haliburton comes as the U.S. contribution to Iraq's reconstruction begins to wane, reducing oppurtunities for U.S. companies after nearly four years of huge payouts to the private sector.

64yrs • M •
I'm not impressed, its just another smoke screen, profits are being shifed elsewhere were we cannot see.

72yrs • M •
quote:
just another smoke screen, profits are being shifed elsewhere
Well, I would expect nothing more of capitalism?

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy