Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

3 Amendments to the Constitution

User Thread
 78yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jim Colyer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There are presently 27 Amendments to the U.S. Constitution. We need 3 more.

We need a Right to Life Amendment to stop arbitrary abortion. 46 million unborn babies have been slaughtered since 1973 in an American Holocaust. It is national suicide and it must stop.

We need a Marriage Amendment defining marriage as a union between a man and a woman. There is no such thing as same-sex marriage.

We need a Flag Desecration Amendment. It should be a punishable crime to burn an American flag in public. This is not the Vietnam era. This is the post 9/11 era.

Unfortunately, the Flag Amendment was voted down in the Senate by one vote. Surely, Bill Frist could have gotten one more vote.

"Jim Colyer wrote Save The Planet."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
We need a Right to Life Amendment to stop arbitrary abortion. 46 million unborn babies have been slaughtered since 1973 in an American Holocaust. It is national suicide and it must stop.

And then all unwanted or unable to be cared for children can be taken to your house. Or like your average anti-abortion hypocrit you can let all the babies then grow up in poverty and broken homes to addictive, abusive parents, or just as likely, let them be taken by the state where they live a youth of bouncing from home to home, quite often equally abused by foster parents or their extended friends and family. (And let me guess as an intro into the next amendment, you probably don't want any of these unwanted babies raised by gay people either, right? )

quote:
We need a Marriage Amendment defining marriage as a union between a man and a woman. There is no such thing as same-sex marriage.

No, you need to stay out of other consenting adults sex lives. There wasn't always a marraige law either, then one was made up, get a grip.

quote:
We need a Flag Desecration Amendment. It should be a punishable crime to burn an American flag in public. This is not the Vietnam era. This is the post 9/11 era.

Your reasoning for this is kind of silly, but your desire to curb free speach and expression is a mockery of the very symbol you seek to defend.

If I were you, I'd be more worried about there being an American flag left for you to be worried about.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"We need a Right to Life Amendment to stop arbitrary abortion. 46 million unborn babies have been slaughtered since 1973 in an American Holocaust. It is national suicide and it must stop"

The holocaust was a Jewish genocide. A genocide is a killing of an entire race. What race is dying? Dont use frightening words like that just because you know they are going to make people feel bad. This is what you just did.

You said holocaust while tlaking about this issue so that people would relate the holocaust to the issue. Knowing that the holocaust was a bad thing and that people would agree with you more. When in actuallity all you did was give an example that was completely irrelavent to the issue. I have shown you its irrelavence by showing you that the Holocaust has nothing to do and is in no way related to abortion.

"We need a Marriage Amendment defining marriage as a union between a man and a woman. There is no such thing as same-sex marriage."

Give me a good reason as to why that is a true statement please.

"We need a Flag Desecration Amendment. It should be a punishable crime to burn an American flag in public. This is not the Vietnam era. This is the post 9/11 era."

You need to get over yourself. A flag is just a flag, and it only represents an idea. If you are so insecure in that idea that burning a material can insult you, then perhaps you should deal with that.

... Die.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Funny thing was as I flipped through the channels, I happen to stop to see hose resolutions being voted upon & the comments made afterward. I don't remember who it was that made the speech but she certainly put it strait as awakendwraith pointed out. The flag is only a symbol and as such it's only real value lies in what it represents. the right of free speech guarentees the right to oppose and to voice opposititon.
Jim Colyer, perhaps you miss understand the statement?
Their desecration of the symbol is symbolic of what they feel is (your) the present situation is a desecretion of the principles that the flag represents.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy