Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. - Einstein
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Exerp: Sign the petition and send it on

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I signed it and added the following comment:

A war on terror CANNOT be won by military action. I was once proud of this country, having served on active duty from July of 1977 to June of 1992. I am now ashamed that my government is willing to sacrifice our troops, weapons and economy on a senseless adventure and call it a war, an unwinnable war against an unseen enemy (terror). I am also ashamed that you would think I am so stupid to believe that you can beat terrorism with military action and I'm also ashamed of our educational system who has not taught our public better, allowing the public to so easily believe that we could beat terrorism with military action. This isn't Vietnam, this is dumber than that, this is really stupid, and I don't believe our country has ever been this stupid, led by a more stupid president. I pray God will grant you wisdom - Amen.

You can find the details of the petition here:
http://okcitykid.bravejournal.com/entry/21861

or just go here to sign it:
http://www.johnkerry.com/action/iraq/?sc=e.20060620

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have been trying hard not to say somethings about the situation but the shear nonsense of the ruling (class) body has advocated is just too hard not to make a comment.
Iowa state [R] representative discussing building a wall [barrier] along our southern border to stop illegal entry? For only a couple of billion/ mile, we can put up a 10ft high chain link fence then 100 yards of [no-man land] erect a 12ft. high concrete barrier topped with wire & addition sound , motion , infra red sensors and camera to be mounted on the wall.
He would guarentee us that if he built such a wall, no living {birds, animals included} would be able to enter our lands undetected. All we need to then, is add weapon system & it would have some real teeth

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 64yrs • M •
There was an anti immigration rally today, just before our local chapter of veterans for peace had its Lt Watada rally. Some of us saw eye to eye, some of us were close and others were far apart, almost wanting to fight.

Like the war, the real issue with the immigrants are the businesses who hire them to work for lower wages without benefits. We don't need a fence, we need businesses to offer fair wages and benefits to all and therefore require their employees to become legal citizens rather than encourage and fund illegal immigration for cheap labor.

The war in Iraq is not a war against terror, but a war to control oil prices.

They have managed to become more powerful by throwing different lies at us to divide us.

I wish that we were all smarter than this.

72yrs • M •
I have know Okcitykid , as a voice sounding across the web but I share many of his sentiments, I too wonder at the apparent ignorant or naive manner of the people?
I'm also ashamed of our educational system who has not taught us better,
allowing the public to so easily deceived. Hearing the bickering among you,
I decided the best way to approach you is to remind with a true morale story.
So a little tale to remind you of our common past forged in War . . .
Hope you don't mind revisiting time of moral tribulation?
As most stories it starts at the beginning, not in some field in a foreign land but during shock week set here in our own lands, Boot Camp.
Do you remember that far in the past, when you were filled with the undoubting energy, ignorance, and naïvete of youth? Ya, shock week, when they drive you continuously, depriving you of sleep & running your ass ragged.
Hmm, remember the drained feeling as the day ended and you were finally allowed blessed sleep. Oh, how 'dead to the world' we would be and literally falling into our bunks to sleep. Except on this night about 4 AM., I was roused from slumber so deep. Sitting up in the dark, my mind in fog for need of sleep, what was going on, what were these sounds which had penetrated my sleep? Harsh voices sounded from the area, where the Drill Instructor's slept, followed by the pleading response of a fellow recruit. 'Yes Sir', 'No Sir', 'I ye Sir' given out in a high pitched screams followed by loud commands & demands made continuously punctuated his replies.
Another recruit walked by, fire watch (sentry) duty, so I asked 'What happened?' he didn't know but it had been going on since he had come on duty. I didn't have to see to know they had him isolated, behind closed doors, hovering around him they drove him with insults, questions & demands for him to respond. I went back to a fitful sleep. The next morning, I realized the guy in the bunk above me was missing as we lined up by our bunks? The DIs' came out & mentioned that one of the recruits had snapped & was transferred out. He was weak and would have gotten someone killed or even his unit swiped out in Nam . It was better that he got weeded out here, than in combat. He was gone but we went on. You know by the end of camp we mostly respected those who trained us, they had given us a hard way to go but it was all for our own good, to keep us alive when we hit the jungle.

Yes, ignorance is bliss!
Government of the people, for the people and by the people.
Whom do they serve? Perhaps they should decide if they want democracy or a capitist republic?
Consider "If they will make a LIE of that which is Holy, then what will they do with that which they hold as Scared?"
Like the mouthing of words they use to honour GOD that they may use the Robes of Righteousness as a Cloak for their own Willfulness?

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 72yrs • M •
He was weak and would have gotten someone killed or even his unit swiped out in Nam . It was better that he got weeded out here, than in combat. He was gone but we went on and we progressed toward the end.
(After all, most tales have a beginning and so must have an ending as well.)
Toward the final stages of training other recruits joined our ranks, these weren't new recruits but rather those who had not made it the first time around for some reason.
Now, this is not pc think to say but one look & you knew. A few may have had legit reasons for being held back but for the greater part they were the screw ups.
Guys who just did not fit. Also about this time, they introduced a diversion from our normal training, motivation platoon. Most of these new recruits seem to have come from these platoons which was reason enough not to want to be selected to attend these training sessions. They were generally held over the weekends and if you screwed up during the week, your name was put on that list. My luck, I confused my 'military' right from left during close order drill & was put on that list.
I wasn't sure what the motivation platoon did but I was sure I wasn't going to like it. In fact, I will admit that he was a cause of great concern to me the rest of the week.
By the end of the week, my luck had improved, evidently one of those new guys must have screwed up worst than I did, because he was selected to go in my place. We had normal training that day but those poor bastards, they must have had it real rough. When they came back to the squad bay, they stripped down & headed for the showers. They were exhausted but even after they hit the showers, you could still smell the stench, their fatigues were so saturated with it, the DI had us gather them up & remove them to the dumpster! Thank GOD for small wonders!
Let me tell you, when they came back that evening & I saw them, I meant every word of it. Yes, fate can be fickled at best so a little twist of fate played one last card before the close of this tale. Seems one of the DI's lost a couple of recruits to the swamp. It was a little strange, the transformation that little incident created. As usual, we weren't aware of it till the Dis' held formation & had a little pep talk with us. Well, it seems some stink was coming down about it & some congressmen were going to come around and by chance they might even ask us some questions. So here we are nearly to the end and there they are saying how we might be put on hold & have to come back & go through training again. Yes Sir, we should be cautious about what we said if one of those people came around asking questions. Turns out they didn't have to worry about it, hell we didn't even see any of them, let alone talk to them. But they did have a positive effect. At least from our point of view, they kind of eased up a bit on the training. Like they started flying these flags, and if it got to hot & the humidity to high well, we would PT in the barracks or spend time studying. Oh, yes they started handing out these little pink pills & they were real strict about us taking those salt tablets.
Oh, yes Happy Fourth of July, so take the time to remember those who have fallen for the cause of freedom, all the the unsung dead.

64yrs • M •
Clay - you should tell your stories when ever you feel like it. We need to hear it, we need to remember.

Last VFP meeting we had a new member who was on the dive team during Vietnam recovering dead bodies. One of their jobs was to make up stories about how they may have died, make them a hero. The meeting lasted three hours, he told us many stories.

I think its very important. I think what happened was, we were so successful in Desert Storm that we forgot about Vietnam and so now we find ourself in Iraq. Before Desert Storm, American's wouldn't stand for it, but after Desert Storm, a knew generation of war mongers raised up on TV appeared on the scene and had we taught them about Vietnam, maybe this wouldn't have happened.

So I'm going to always be a member of VFP and I will always try to keep it strong.

72yrs • M •
Well, I just signed mine! http://www.usalone.com/peaceteam/cease-fire.php Stop the insane leadership, let your voice be heard! War is Hell & should be considered as a last resort. For to long have the people been misled into thinking of post world war (cold war) attitude. Peace will come only if we seek it, stop the loss humanity & destruction wrought by this admenistration! Speak out loudly that they may hear our voices above the clamour of their War.

64yrs • M •
I haven't seen that one - I signed it.

64yrs • M •
xersius_x is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I have to agree...

Fighting a war on terrorism, by taking over Iraq.
Is like..
Fighting a war against Predjudice, by bombing Alabama.

There just is no "homebase" for terrorism just as there is no homebase for stupidity or predjudice. Like cockaroaches, it's everywhere, and nowhere, and they least where you are taking action. They scramble just the same.

Its just a stupid, not well thought out idea.
It's just not going to do any good, as a matter of fact In the longrun It'll cause more hate, and negativity towards us, and make their resolve only stronger and increase their numbers, and their sense of what they're doing is right.

Talk about getting it wrong...
In Spades.

"X"

"Treat others as you want them to treat you. It's really just that simple."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy