When all else fails, duck. It's not practical, but it can be momentarily comforting. - Attolia
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Da Vinci Code

User Thread
 78yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jim Colyer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Da Vinci Code
I will see it tonight, hope it is worth the money.

"Jim Colyer wrote Save The Planet."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wormtownandy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm just curious to see what all these Christians find so threatening. I'll probably see it.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Everyone I've heard from that has seen it, including myself, saw protesters outside with signs that were obviously ignorant of the story.

This movie says nothing derogatory about Jesus, only again expressing the possibility that Christ may have been a mortal man who married and had children (part of which happens to be the stance of the entire Jewish religion. Does this mean that protesters are anti semetic? Ya, haven't heard that raised yet now have we, oh but if you are against atrocities caused by Isreal you are anti semetic, fucking boneheads).

As for atrocities commited by churches and or religious leaders and organizations, well, that is nothing new and Christians might want to take that up with themselves and their beliefs which allow such acts.

Again, this is a fictional story, in terms of the characters and their adventure, but it is filled with actual facts and actual working theories based off of facts. Some claims, more clearly defined in the book do have working arguments against their validity, but I seriously doubt the average movie goer, christian, or protester knows much of any of this information one way or the other, which is why any arguments against the movie or book tend to be rediculous.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 38yrs • M •
As far as i know, the author clearly states that the story is fictional anyway, although with a few elements of truth mixed in. Protesting just seems silly, because all it does is stir up controversy that gets more people interested.

38yrs • M •
just got back from seeing this movie.

all controversy aside, the movie is really well done. it hits all the important points of the book, and its well paced. i think that all of the people who complained it was boring were just expecting it to be lots of chase scenes or something. there are a couple of points where they spend to much time explaining instead of letting things happen, but they don't take away from the story too much. i think they were just stuck in there so all of the audience members who weren't horribly bright could keep up with everyone else. just a small complaint though. definitely a movie worth seeing.

42yrs • F •
geneva_26 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I have seen the film twice. Enjoyed it twice. The film opens your mind to the possibility of a spiritualism that includes women and is based on Christianity. I can see how that would upset orthodoxy. Oh well too bad - so sad.

31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
they stuck to the storyline,which acctually made it a good movie.but i wish they would have somehow fit the explanation of Phi in there or the halarious prison scene explaning the Mona Lisa'a name.
but overall,it was a great movie,full of interesting twists.

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 42yrs • F •
geneva_26 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Most people find the movie extremly disapointing after having read the book... I was skeptical going in and I was amazing coming out.

30yrs • M •
Markh is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The book was better than the film, although I still enjoyed the film

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes I agree the book was better than the film but I think it's because your imagination takes over.

Anyone here seen "the body" good film interesting questions and a good twist.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 35yrs • F •
lyra is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i thought it was good and honeslty the books are always better than the movies but this one was at least decent.

"'The only object of war is what will you do to survive" "and how will you live afterward""
The Da Vinci Code
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy