You can easily find a reason to hate a close friend, but it is difficult to find reason to like anyone. - me!!
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Atomic bomb

User Thread
 78yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jim Colyer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Atomic bomb
The United States won the war with Japan and established 20 years of world dominance and stabilty because of one reason---the atomic bomb. The Vietnam War could have been won with the bomb, but victory was unnecessary, expensive and unjustified. The world now sees the U.S as not using nuclear weapons regardless of the circumstances. We won the war in Iraq. Iran is the problem now. If we leave Iraq, Iran will take it. We can not afford to lose another 59,000 men as we did in Vietnam. The War on Terror and the Iraq War grew out of 9/11 as Hiroshima and Nagasaki were the results of Pearl Harbor. Ahmadinejad wants nukes. It may reach the point where the U.S. must use the atomic bomb against Iran as a last means of defense.

"Jim Colyer wrote Save The Planet."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
We won the war in Iraq.

Ah, so you are delusional.

quote:
but victory was unnecessary, expensive and unjustified.

Whats this, a hint of sensibility, must be a typo. I'm betting you have a different understanding of why it was unjustified. Oh well.

quote:
Iran is the problem now.

Oh? And why is that? Cause Bush said so?

quote:
The War on Terror and the Iraq War grew out of 9/11 as Hiroshima and Nagasaki were the results of Pearl Harbor

Both of which have evidence supporting them as being self inflicted wounds, but hey, those are just technicalities, right? Or, oh ya, cooky nutty conspiracy garbage that no one actually bothers to investigate.

Wars don't just grow out of an attack not affiliated with a country we invade, somewhere you missed where invaded a soveriegn nation is illegal, and that killing people is bad. And I'm fairly certain I could arbitrarily add that you probably think that torture is ok too, even though it too is illegal.

quote:
Ahmadinejad wants nukes. It may reach the point where the U.S. must use the atomic bomb against Iran as a last means of defense.

No, that would be offence, unless Iran where threatening us, which they are not, just like Iraq and Afghanistan were not.

Plenty of countries, including Dictatorial nutbags, have nukes, and they have the right to posess them as long as any one else does, as a means of defense against asshats like yourself threatening to use nukes.

You sound like a psychopath, not surprising given who's ideals you have decided to incorporate as your own.

The atomic bomb killed primarily innocent citizens and should never be looked upon as a good thing. We barely won the race with the bomb and could have just as easily been the ones to have had it dropped on us.

The atomic bomb is the most cowardly device employed by Americans. Its only possitive use is as a deterrent.

Next you are going to tell me its ok if we gas Iran too right? Hell, why not have Saddam be our general of that war, he has experience both fighting and using WMD's on Iran.

But wait, I thought that was why he was determined to be a "bad guy". Surely I must be mistaken. Something here just doesn't add up.

Care to help me figure it out?

Here let me help, if American's are the only one's to have really used the bomb, and are the only one's really threatening to use them again at this time...

Then who is it again that we should be concerned about having them?

And why exactly should we deny others the right to protect themselves from people like yourself who advocate nuking them?

Do you not realize that America is breaking its own laws on nuclear proliferation, both in our country and in giving them to others, should we invade ourselves? Not to mention just how illegal it is to nuke someone else.

I can't believe I have to explain this to anyone, this is a sick and sad state of affairs.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
We won the war in Iraq. Iran is the problem now. If we leave Iraq, Iran will take it.
Ya, I heard the stories about Sunni's wanting us not to leave If there is any truth to it then you probably have put your finger on it. After all Iran vs Iraq has a long history in itself.
quote:
And why exactly should we deny others the right to protect themselves from people like yourself who advocate nuking them?
Oh, we don't really want to nuke them, USA wants to rule over them to control them and use them as a distraction while Isreal continues to extend it's borders.
[quote]Srange, we called the World Wars, the war to end all wars, yet here we go again. Seems like people (governments) would learn that trouble only magnifies trouble & to end war one must stop warring.{/quote] The trouble with the A_bomb was it just wasn't powerful enough which extends to the Nuclear bomb as well. Ya, see some still think that they can be used in limited fashion. Now a true DDW as opposed to WMD si that their is no half way measure, either you use it & kiss it all good bye or you don't, right? Which is why other nations like Iran, etc want nukes, they are safer than the DDW {oh, DDW => DomesDay Weapon} and conventional weapons. Which are better suited for defensive or offensive aggressions which is why we are a leading producer of such weapons!

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
Atomic bomb
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy