Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Girlfriend Is Upset

User Thread
 33yrs • M •
acoulter09 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Girlfriend Is Upset
Ok so I got into a conversation with my girlfriend the other day and she is really mad at me. I dont quite understand what i did wrong but apparently it was bad. She said somethign about be being two different people because supposedly im nothing like i am with her when im with all of my other friends. she says that i make too many mean jokes about people. but i told her that all it is is my way of being funny and that i never mean anythign about it. but she didnt understand. she wants me to stop hanging around some of my friends because she thik that they are bad influences on me even tho i dont think they really are.
im not to worried about the whole joke thing all i want is for her to go back to normal and everythign to be all right what should i do?

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 35ft Lemon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think to a certain degree, a lot of men are two different people...one that hangs around his friends, and one around his girlfriend. I don't know what you mean by "mean jokes" but if you're putting people down b/c of their weight, attitude, hair, face, etc., then maybe you should tone that down a tad bit when you're around her.

She could be testing you. She could be thinking "Ooh I wonder how much power I really have with him? I wonder if I can control his every move, I think I'll try his friends" Now it may not seem as evil as that may sound, but just saying...it could be a test.

Here's what I would do (and I'm fairly good with women):

I would act like I didn't give a fuck what she thought, except when I'm around her, I would tone down my cut-downs or w/e the hell it was. I'd develope a different sense of humor, (I'm not saying go to fart-jokes or corny one liners). I would focus more in situational humor and humor that propells your image to her. For instance: Somebody makes a dumbass statement like "I may be stupid, but I'm not dumb..." you should just put a blank expression on that says "dude...you're a dumbass"... yet in a funny way. Its hard to explain, but maybe you understand?

If she says anything else about your friends after you cut back on your "mean jokes", then be sure to be close to her face and tell her that she needs to lighten up and not take everything so seriously, then lean in and kiss her...brillance.

"Midnight Is Where The Day Begins"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i would agree, if she complains that you are too harsh on people, tone it down a bit around her. if you do, she may get used to your sense of humour.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 33yrs • M •
acoulter09 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
thanks for the help but it didnt work we broke up long story and not enough time o well time to move on

Girlfriend Is Upset
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy