Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Jeb Would Make a 'Great President,' Bush Says

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

Bill Brubaker / Washington Post | May 11 2006

Coming soon: President Bush III?

The second -- and current -- President Bush suggested today that his younger brother, Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, would make a "great president."

"I would like to see Jeb run at some point in time, but I have no idea if that's his intention or not," Bush said in an interview with Florida reporters, according to a story on the St. Petersburg Times Web site.

If that sounds familiar, the Bush brothers' father, former president George H.W. Bush, made a similar statement last year, telling CNN's Larry King that Jeb Bush would be "awfully good" as president.

"This guy's smart, big and strong. Makes the decisions," the first President Bush said then.

Two brothers have never been elected to serve as U.S. president.

Jeb Bush, who cannot seek reelection after his second term as governor ends in January, has repeatedly said he will not run for president in 2008, when his brother will leave the White House.

But that hasn't stopped his father and older brother from planting the idea.

President Bush said in the interview today, at the end of a three-day trip to Florida, that he has "pushed" his brother "fairly hard about what he intends to do."

The president said: "I have no idea what he's going to do. I've asked him that question myself. I truly don't think he knows."

In May 2005, CNN's King asked the first President Bush if he wants his son, Jeb, to run for president.

"Some day I would, yes," George H.W. Bush said.

"Is the timing wrong now, though?" King asked.

"Yes. The timing's wrong," Bush said. "The main thing is, he doesn't want to do it. Nobody believes that, but . . . "

In today's interview, President Bush said his 53-year-old brother could have a "very bright" political future.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/may2006/110506Jeb.htm

(Uh.... Wonder Twin powers activate, form of, a space ship, I'm outta here.)

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 78yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jim Colyer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would vote for Jeb.

"Jim Colyer wrote Save The Planet."
 46yrs • M
I bet you would.

While you are at it, how about you petition for using WMD's on the war on drugs, the war on poverty, the war on illiteracy. This seems to follow your line of rationality.

But seriously Jim, what are you going to do when you have to face the corruption coming from your hero, as well as others of course.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 46yrs • M
Neocon Gingrich Proposes Jeb Bush as Ruler

Kurt Nimmo | May 30 2006

Newt Gingrich, the neocon troll who put out a contract on America, is pushing Jeb Bush as ruler, not in 2008 but down the road, in 2012 or 2016. 'I just think his natural, personal ability is so great that people are going to realize he is not his father and he's not his brother. He's a very unique, charismatic leader with extraordinary capabilities. ... Jeb Bush may well be the most innovative (governor) in the entire country,' Gingrich averred during the taping of a St. Petersburg television show. No word if the interviewer and television crew vomited.

Never mind even Republicans, when polled, don't want Dubya's younger brother to run, and never mind as well Jeb is connected at the hip to the same Straussian neocons who brought us the invasion and occupation of Iraq, the trampling of the Constitution here in America, and will soon enough bring us the shock and awe campaign against Iran.

Jeb is infamously credited with helping to trigger the Florida S&L crisis in 1988 by defaulting on a $4.5 million loan. Try this with your mortgage and see what happens.

Bush has a long and sordid history of rubbing elbows with Cuban criminals, namely Camilo Padreda, a former intelligence officer with the Batista dictatorship, and the embezzler Hernandez Cartaya (see this write-up at the Project for the Old American Century). Jeb the Younger is also connected to the prominent Cuban exile Miguel Recarey, a former CIA asset who attempted to assassinate Fidel Castro. Recarey was eventually charged with big time Medicare fraud and skipped out of the country and is now a fugitive.

Bush has turned Florida into graft central and 'has overseen corruption and nepotism run amok in his administration. It is now estimated that nearly 40 percent of Florida's $48 billion dollar state budget gets kicked back in the form of contracts with private companies-many of which employ former Bush staffers,' according to POAC (see previous link). Bush declared himself the 'accountability governor' and then undercut the oversight and accountability measures in Florida's contracts and bidding process, going so 'far as to cut the funding for the state auditor general and the Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability.'

Jeb made out like a bandit on his Enron stock. 'I suppose it's somehow fitting that while Florida's retirement system lost more than any other state in the Enron debacle, Jeb personally benefited from his Enron stock. In the end, Jeb Bush has used Florida to turn a profit for his friends at the expense of the states future, just as Ken Lay used the employees and investors at Enron. In four short years, Florida has become the Enron of state governments and Jeb Bush is their very own Ken Lay.'

Jeb facilitated the election theft for his brother in 2000. He purged felons who were non-felons (they were primarily Democrats) from voting rolls. 'Florida Governor Jeb Bush and his Secretary of State Katherine Harris, created a phony list of convicted felons-57,700 to be exact-to 'scrub' thousands of innocent people from the state's voter rolls. Of the thousands who ultimately lost their vote through this scrub of voters, 80% were African-American, mostly Democratic Party voters. Had they voted, the course of history would have changed. Instead, however, Harris declared Bush the victor by only 537 votes.'

Gingrich, a habitual ethics violator while 'serving' in the House, wants Jeb Bush, a hob-nobber with criminals (a natural propensity, as Jeb hails from a notorious crime family) and runs Florida as his own personal fiefdom, to be your president, not in 2008 (this slot is reserved for the globalist queen, Hillary Clinton) but later. Neocons will continue to talk this sort of trash, and subvert the political process in order to make talk walk, until they are fumigated from government. In a sane world, the fact the Bush family supported and financed the Nazis would make them persona non grata (if not inmates), not only in the political world but society at large. Instead, they are at the very pinnacle of power and control, thus demonstrating the nation is ruled by sadistic perverts in possession of do not go to jail cards.

If Jeb the Younger is 'elected' come 2012 or so, the neocons will have a second chance, that is after the Clinton crime family-think Arkansas and the Mena-CIA-cocaine connection-runs amok, allowing the more traditional neolibs a chance to run the White House again. It should be noted that Hillary was adopted by none other than the fascist propaganda master, Rupert Murdoch, who will likely push her 2008 presidential bid, thus demonstrating there is little difference between Republicans, Democrats, neocons, and neolibs.

Of course, America may reject Hillary, as she is rather unsavory, but such public opinion is hardly a consideration, as Bush was 're-elected' (through vote fraud) in 2004, and under normal circumstances he would have long ago been impeached and imprisoned for telling lies, murdering more than one hundred thousand Iraqis, trashing the Constitution, stealing elections, and various other sundry crimes.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/may2006/300506Gingrich.htm

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy