Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Dream Song

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
JoelHinojosa is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Dream Song
About a year ago a friend of mine had a dream about a bizarre circus-like performance. During the performance a song was being played on piano, a melody both haunting and beautiful. When she woke she remembered the song and went to her piano to learn how to play it. That day at school she showed me the song, and when she told me that it was from her dream I was immediately intrigued. I wondered if the song was indeed original or if she had heard it somewhere. She said she didn't believe it was a song she knew. And hearing it myself I didn't think so either.

For a long time I've had quite a bit of interest in dreams. Even though I can barely remember mine. But this particular story struck me as odd, and somewhat romantic. I am curious if anyone else has had an experience of having music in their dreams, and what kind of role it played.

or alternatively, how much meaning you find in your own dreams as they relate to your life...

[  Edited by JoelHinojosa at   ]
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
definately intriguing, do you think you could get a sound clip of the song? I wanna hear it, hehe.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 36yrs • M •
JoelHinojosa is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
she never recorded the song, but I know how to play it myself and I could record it later today and then post it.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Once about two years ago I had a series of dreams taking place at the Chateau Rouge Hotel during Prohibition, and in this hotel the air is always hazy, the men wear suits and fedoras and the ladies wear knockout red dresses. I was the Club Lazy Hearts crooner, with a painist who's name is familar but I can't remember it. What scares me is the level of detail I remembered when I awoke the next morning, as well as the fact that the pillows were on the floor and I usually had a very stiff neck.
But a detail I often had trouble remembering was the songs that the painist played and the lyrics I sang, I remember that they had a jazz feel or a modern pop beat (which is wierd, since I can't stand pop.) but I remember the title and a chorus to one of the songs that I sang on Ruby Tuesday on the corner stage:

Starched up collers and crisp tied ties
we're out to get us a time tonight
shine up your shoes, give your breath a good spritz
and crisp the brim of that hat.
Snap to attention, she's walking in now
in that spotlight with that blood red glow
looking pretty as anything I've ever seen
call your folks; we're gonna be here all night.

That's what I wrote down, then I sang a few verses which I immediatly forgot while she went dancing from table to table followed by that red spotlight. I don't remember her face at all, nor her figure, all I remember is she wore a sequined white dress that sparkled red.
I though I was crazy with that melody stuck in my head, but I'm not alone- congrats to your friend Joel for capturing that before it became just another forgotten dream.

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
Dream Song
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy