Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Your Own Insecurities - Page 2

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm insecure mostly about myself in general- my appearance, my views, my first impressions, my examples I set for my choir. I'm sort of insecure about my relationships, by example, every girlfriend I've had in the past has cheated on me, and now I"m with an amazing one that wouldn't dream of it, but now I find myself insecure about how I act and what I do around her, since I don't want to lose her for the world. (Maybe that's nervousness, but she's someone I'm totally confortable with.)

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that mindfields19 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
CodeWarrior - I was not in any way shape or form making any sort of segregation. I am sorry to have brought forth your own insecurities! The thing about life is that everything around us is completely subjective.. We can either be on the defense or not, and it truly is a personal preference.

"In the beginning, night was memory was water, and in the cool aquamarine depths dreams swam freely."
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CodeWarrior is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I was not in any way shape or form making any sort of segregation. I am sorry to have brought forth your own insecurities!

I shouldn't worry about it. One light hearted turn of phrase makes little difference here or there. Societies tendency to divide its self in to impenetrable cliques however along various lines (age, race, sex, sexual activity, etc) is disturbing to me.

quote:
The thing about life is that everything around us is completely subjective.

I'm one of those people who really doesn't leave any room for subjectivity. I'm very much a blank and white kind of guy.

quote:
We can either be on the defense or not, and it truly is a personal preference.

Elaborate. are you saying I can chose not to be defensive by feeling excluded when in some ways I obviously am or that cliques can chose not to be defensive and so be more open and inclusive?

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
We can either be on the defense or not, and it truly is a personal preference

I disagree. I mean, if by personality, you mean an insecure person who is afraid of everything emotional, than yes, personality. Otherwise, I only think its you being insecure.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Disenchanted is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Disenchanted, it's possible that you're in settings that don't appeal to you for now. Maybe they talk about things you could care less about. You can either try to find ways to get the convo onto your topics via finding a commong ground, or find new friends. I just stuck it out without many friends until I got to college and fit in with the more open-minded crowd. Now, I'm more social too.

Thanks Attolia. It always makes me feel better to hear that people have been through what I'm going through and that it all worked out fine. You're exactly right, the settings I'm in right now don't appeal to me in the least, so that's likely most of the problem. It looks like I'll be sticking it out without having a steady group of friends at least until I start filling my time with co-op in September, which will hopefully open some doors for me. It's a really strange "rolling stone" feeling when you're just sort of waiting it out.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Actually, I used to think that most people are not open minded as well. But as Ive grown and matured I ve found that provided you get close enough to ppl, they sometimes talk some sensible stuff as well
Nyway, Im sure there must be ppl who are deep thinking/open minded like yourself in your college...and it perhaps isn't neccesary to not make fiends simply because they do not share you innermost intersts. I mean I m sure u must have a stupid/blond/fun side as well But nevertheless, if you feel you just can't fit in, then wait till you find like minded people

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 36yrs • F •
QuiteTheFolly is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think I'm fat. I've been bulimic for almost 2 years. Which makes me insecure about how shallow I am, and ofcourse a whole range of other problems stemming from broke on the amount of money I waste on food, to the my obvious lack of sympathy in millions of people around the world starving to death. Atleast I'm honest.

"Love is...fuck I can't remember the word."
Your Own Insecurities - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy