Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Original Photography Post - Page 2

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No I think your photo mindfields is fine. I think zooming in would elimate the effect of the vine splayed over the fence. Attolia, is that from an art gallery, or is it your own work?

Heres another few angles. Sometimes I prefer the desaturated black and white effect, rather than colour, because it evokes the imagination. If you were wondering what the first looks like in colour, here it is-

"The summit is just a halfway point"
[  Edited by summit at   ]
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that mindfields19 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wow summit, nice finds! Those bombs are amazing.. the graffiti scene is just catching up here. It is soo hard to find anything other than little tags on walls, but I am sure if I looked harder I'd find some unique things.

"In the beginning, night was memory was water, and in the cool aquamarine depths dreams swam freely."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My last pic was from an exhibition.

I prefer the color to the black-and-white. I react to both differently. With color, I feel like it's more real and that I can relate to it. The black-and-white is distorting reality by taking away the color and thus creates a different effect.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Beach side night life when I took a little vacation down to Mertle Beach, SC.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Northern Part of my state.. another vacation last year sometime.

37yrs • M •
Nice angles Mugen. You captured the second photo at the right time.

34yrs • M •
Thank you summit ^_^

Something that bothered me when I was actually looking at these was I always seem to be taking the picture from the right angle. I don't think I've ever taken one from the left... nothing really looked good from that angle. hahha idk that just caught my eye.

36yrs • F •
Beautiful mugen, I really like the location of the sun as a focal point.

"In the beginning, night was memory was water, and in the cool aquamarine depths dreams swam freely."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sweet pic, Mugen. One thing that makes the pic great is the darkness of the shore. It contrasts with the play of lights in the sky.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 37yrs • M •
I captured this image during a sunset whilst in the Mount Cook Range (New Zealand Alps). To the right of the image is the Tasman hut. Centered is the Tasman Glacier and the main peak in the background is Mt Cook. This area can only be acessed by ski-plane or helicopter. I spent a week there undertaking a technical mountaineering course.

The second image just gives you an idea of where the hut is located. I captured this image whilst on the upper glacier. Spot the red ontop of the cliff. Yeah it was kinda precarious perched right on the edge.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Taken during a trip to New Orleans last week for Spring Break-

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 36yrs • F •
Vortex and summit, I am envious of both of you and your travels! I hope to someday return to New Orleans now that my Aunt and Uncle no longer live there... Despite the mess of last hurricane season, I still hold that city close to my heart.

37yrs • M •
Forgot to mention more clearly that the red thing ontop of the cliff is the hut.

Nice symbology Vortex.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thanks!

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 37yrs • M •
Interesting how that the damaged photoframe image has the map of the African continent on it along with an island suggesting a place of serenity or escapism which conversly juxtaposes with the horrible events of New Orleans where thousands were trapped in. Well thats my interpretation. Thumbs up again.

Original Photography Post - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy