In order to be free, you must first know that you are free, and then you must believe it, because what you know is what you are and what you believe is who you are. - ravenclaw
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Is it wrong to be multi-religious?

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i am a practicing jew christian buddhist hindu muslim, is this "illegal" acording to god? all i want to do is love god more.

[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't think God would conisder it "illegal" for you to love him more. But you can't believe in all those religions because sometimes they contradict each other. I guess you're picking out what you think is best from all. Is that illegal? Depends on who you talk to. Jews, Christians, and Muslims may not accept your approach to religion.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Do you think all are equally valid?

Do you follow all fully?

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think respecting all religions is the best thing...although I don't see how you can actually practice all the ritualls.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
gotta agree with attolia, you cannot practice and fully believe all religions. for example christianity says that there is only one god, and that jesus is his son (the latter bit being pretty much the main theology) islam however hindus believe in moret than one god (so either christianity or hinduism is right) and islam and judaism just say that jesus was prophet. you cannot accept all religions fully, they dont even all have compatible images of god.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 35yrs • M •
the rituals in all religions are always different, they are all different paths to the same destination

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gari is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you want to follow some many religions why not create your own religion that incorporates the main elements of all the religions that you follow?

48yrs • M •
It is no good to take what you like best out of these different religions and practice those parts only. That doesnt work in reality.

Would you do that with your job? Do only the parts you like????

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't know how you could be multi-religious without creating your own religion.

For instance - If a Jew was a Christian, he or she would be a Christian and no longer of the Jewish faith.

But all religions have their truths and it is profitable to search these truths out and I suggest that you do.

Beliefs are only ones and zeros in the back of our head. When we stand before the judgement we may receive a reward for our belief in God but we will be judged according to our works.

31"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

I think it is good to take note that those being saved are surprised that they are being saved and those not being saved are surprised that they are not, proving that it is not what you believe that will save you, but what you do, and I think Jesus clearly spells that out here.

It is my belief however that we will all be taken as if we are a ball of clay and made for God regardless of what we believe, its a natural process we cannot escape, and this is just a part of that process, for some, this process will just take a little longer and require a little more work.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Learn as much as you can. And do it with passion. And let your goal always be something you feel is self rewarding and rewarding for as many others as you can (quality and quantity). Don't over-analyse.

Karma works for me.

""No words""
 48yrs • M •
okcitykid. I agree that we need to do good works, BUT they will not get you into heaven. It is by grace alone that we are saved. We should be motivated by love for Jesus.

Eph 2:8-10 - 'For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.'

The works are a response to his love for us.

64yrs • M •
I have the Mormons visiting me every week - I like their teaching - it is by the grace of Jesus's act that none shall parish, that all will be saved, that makes sense to me. According to their teaching there are three heavens and depending on the life you live on this earth, you will either go to the first or the last heaven, that makes sense to me also - so this is where I stand on this.

We choose our beliefs, because we can't really know for sure what to believe, should we be incorrect, I think God will be merciful - as a matter of fact, I still believe that nobody really knows and that the Mormons may only be close, but surely, no one will be condemned for doing good works.

35yrs • M •
Petesmith what leads you to beleive that Christianity is the only true religion? Love Jesus, but always have an open mind.

48yrs • M •
We are created to know the truth. God has wired us in such a way that when you encounter the truth you will know it. Jn 8:31-32 - ".. If you hold to my teaching,you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.".

I have had an encounter with God. As real as any other encouter with a human being.

Actually OkCityKid, that is a Christian teaching not necessarily a Mormon teach only.

64yrs • M •
Thanks Pete, you're right it is, except that some christians believe that some people will go to hell for not believing the correct things and my wires tell me that this is not true and apperantly the Mormons agree.

I worked real hard on this.

http://theinsideout.us/okcitykid/testimony.html

1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy