Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

United 93 and World Trade Center

User Thread
 78yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jim Colyer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
2 movies about 9/11 are coming.

1 United 93 - About the 4th plane which crashed in Pennsylvania on its way to the U.S. Capitol. It took me all this time to remember Todd Beamer's name. Opens April 28.

2 World Trade Center - Oliver Stone film, stars Nic Cage as a police officer trapped in the rubble.

MOVIES 100 http://jimcolyer.com/papers/entry?id=28

"Jim Colyer wrote Save The Planet."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Great. Just what we needed. Another way to remember 9/11. We should never forgot that day. Never. We should hear about it every day in the news. We should cry everytime we hear about it. Our wounds should never heal. This country should not move on. We should keep dwelling in past miseries and use them to invade more countries and kill even more children. Thumbs up to whoever had the idea for this move!

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Not much of a better way to put it Attolia. We must never forget what happened that day, but portraying it in two seperate movies just seems like a way to make money off of a tradegy however, if all the prophits were to say go to the victems of 9/11 then I wouldnt mind as much. Bush will proabablly declare the directors/writers of the films national heroes due to the proganda he could use with them to support his ideas and wars.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There's nothing wrong with profiting from a tragedy. That's what makes America America.

Why can't we put 9/11 behind us?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well what I meant by never forget is that it was a monumental attack on our country even if it was most likelly organised by the goverment. Though you are right we should put it behind us and just leave it to memory and not have someone force it back to the foreground everyday.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Why can't we put 9/11 behind us?

quote:
it was most likelly organised by the goverment.

That's why.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 78yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jim Colyer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I just came from the theater. United 93 is an emotional experience. Close up shots of the passengers, air traffic controllers and terrorists put us right in the events of 9/11. It all comes back, the planes flying into the twin towers and the Pentagon. We recall Todd Beamer and "Let's roll" although the film subdues his call to arms. Paul Greengrass wrote and directed United 93. He spent time with the families of the victims. His is a sympathetic portrayal. Even the terrorists are human. They are obviously nervous and are shown muttering prayers to their god. They believe in their twisted mission. A picture of the U.S. Capitol is posted on the control panel in the cockpit, so we assume it was the target of the 4th plane, not the White House.

MOVIES 100 http://jimcolyer.com/papers/entry?id=28

"Jim Colyer wrote Save The Planet."
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
my uncle had got that movie for us to watch over the summer.when he told me what it was,i was thinking the exact same thing as attolia. but then i saw the movie.not the best movie in the world,in my opinion,but it was touching.
*****SPOILERS*****
i love how they didn't use famous actors.that would have ruined the movie.the movie would have been focused on the actor only,and not the whole crew.
i also felt like it was more a very long documentary than a movie,just without the narroration.i'll give it a 5/10.

i think The World Trade Center movie will accually be a movie.im thinking about going to see it.

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy