Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Book of Judas

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Book of Judas
A new Gospel according to Judas. According to it Judas was a favored disciple and was told by Jesus to betray him. Any thoughts...

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
1. This could just be a perverted version of the Bible.
2. This is proof that Bibles have been tampered with and so Christianity is not in its original form anymore (Jesus was a Jew, according to historians and Christians alike. Historians say Paul, a prosecutor turned saint, made Christianity different from Jewish principles.)

I just want to see how Christians react to this. They will most likely claim that it is a tampered Bible. A teeny tiny group of Christians will look into it to see whether or not it is the truth.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think that jesus told judas that judas would be the one to betray jesus.. that does not mean it was a good thing.. simply that he knew judas would

i believe that judas could of had trouble accepting christ

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Being undecided as to religion, I would like to read the book of Judas before I make any ascertations about its content or its effect overall, though I do find it interesting what I've read so far about it.

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
An article I read showed a bit of Hinduism, just like the Gospel of Thomas. I think I would like to read it.

We might discover early on that there was a split in Christian theology.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
all this begs the question, is there really a true face of christianity? or is the original idea so perverted from its original form as to be unrecognisable.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In order to answer, first we have to define "true" Christianity. Some say the Bible has been tampered with. Some say Jesus was a Jew but wanted us to be Christian. Some say Jesus is god while others say he was a great man. And who is defining Christianity anyway?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ask ten people to reoccur what happened during an event. Those ten people will each have a different individual perception of what had happened. Each story varies. So, how does someone find the truth. They hear each story and judge the best way they can. But, truthfully I think each Gospel is bullshit.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • M •
mccain is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
"Some say Jesus was a Jew but wanted us to be Christian"

To answer ths question Jesus did not follow Judaism. It means he was a descendant of King David. a Jew can refer to someone who follows judaism or someone who is hebrew.

37yrs • M •
Elric is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
in the end one realizes the only important thing is to love God. everything else then falls into place. its all about Love. anyone who says differently is a fool

"Death means one had life, but did they live?"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why would would this gospel of Judas be such a problem for Christians? I once read that the death of Jesus and all events before and after were a part of some Mystery Cosmic Passion Play written and played out exactly as it had to be. If that's true then Judas was only doing what was expected of him, and Jesus would have loved him dearly for the important part he played. I see no conflict for a true Christian; but, then again, there may not be any true Christians left in the world since I kind of think true Christianity died out long ago.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The gospels in the bible are only what was chosen to be included, there were many other gospels, letters etc. that did not make it into the new testament. Of course I do believe that the bible should be read remembering the time and social context it was written in and those that did have writings put into the bible (old and new) were just human beings like you and me. Yes they were inspired by God (the scriptures are God-breathed) but you must not even as a Christian stop reading other texts. I like to look at other documents such as the dead sea scrolls oh and another good one to look at is the Egyptian book of the dead.

Apparently Mary Magdelaine also wrote a gospel. After all these are just the testaments of individuals of the time, who all knew Jesus in different ways.

As a Christian I'm more interested in Jesus' actual teachings, what he said and did not other's opinions, yes I like to know how he influenced those individuals, but as humans they are as flawed as the rest of us. I read the bible as a woman today and take out what I think God wants me to take out of it.

Why shouldn't Judas write his testament, he was there after all. I for one would love to read it. He played an extremely important part, after all that's the whole point, Jesus had to die for us and he knew he was going to die and he knew poor old Judas was going to be the one to walk with the devil so to speak.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
Book of Judas
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy