Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

How are you?

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How are you?
A little while ago a friend of mine who suffers serious depression but at the time trusted me beyond anything gave me the oppertunity to ask her one question that she pledged to answer in complete honesty, no matter how personal, no matter how superficial.
I thought for a moment, then answered, "How are you?"
What followed was a discussion that was one of the best I've had in recent memory. Now today she's moved on deeper into herself, and I worry about her every once in a while, as I see her with a new tatoo or at another party, but if I saw her again, I'd ask the same question.

So I'll start: How am I?

I'm doing better now than I have ever before in my life. I have climbed out of the depression I once was in and now have a circle of the greatest friends anyone could ask for, a beautiful girlfriend who brightens the room when she walks in, I am now more content with my present situation than I ever have, now that I've learned to deal with it and minipulate it to my advantage without placeing anyone at a loss. I've continued teaching choir, and there is no greater joy than standing at the head of a group of fifteen energetic children and having them enthusiastic about singing, and for once you're enthusiastic of leading (and singing) with them. Life is just a blast right now.

So....How are you?

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Disenchanted is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
For the most part, I'm the opposite of how you are.

I've recently lost my circle of friends because I could not live with myself if I behaved the way they expect me to. It's a long story, but basically drugs have messed with their heads. One is a sociopath, and has manipulated everyone (easy to do; as their brains are now mush) towards his way of thinking and behaving. I don't even want to go into detail, but the bottom line is: I'm out.

I'm working on getting my license, and a job (never had one before) to occupy some of my time, maybe make some new friends, and stop myself from thinking my sanity away alone in my room. I'm trying to look at it as a new beginning, but it's hard to focus on the positive when you have nobody to talk to and shitty social skills.

This is why I bitch to the internet.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
For a while I lived in a dark room. I was unsure about who am I, where to go, what to do, and why do I want to go and do that.(like most people coming out of highschool) But, now finally things have become clear and my path is less complicated. Nothing is better than coming out of a rut...

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Andrew21 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Latly Ive been thinking about how stupid ...well maybe more like how selfish I was to almost cheat on my gf with another girl when i was 3 hours away from home at a bar where I used to go to school, near the bar of course. I know things were not going well but thats not the only thing I did wrong, I probebly led girls on believing I was interested in them when I was just interested in seeing what its like to have a chalange to get a girl to fall for me. It wasn't that hard, it just pritty much took a lot of guts, but the point is that I probebly hurt a couple of girls feelings that night and probebly made some of them feel a bit... cheep, unless their already cheep, but the point is that, was it worth it?

"Talk is cheap...acting... is....better... something like that."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gari is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You can answer that question yourself, Andrew. And besides, what kind of topic is this. Like I care how all of you are feeling? Why not talk about how we can save all those people in africa that suffer from HIV, instead of your shitty life. Why not change the question in 'How are WE?'

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the point is that anyone can start any thread, if you want your suggested thread then start it, instead of just bitching in other peoples.

As for me, i'm ok, A-level exams in a month, and im currently at my lowest level of motivation ever as regards school work. going strong with my gf of 2 years, and looking forward to going to uni in october (if my lack of motivation doesnt mean i fail my a-levels).

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gari is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Maybe I shouldn't have said it like that, my language was kinda harsh, but that's my opinion about the question How are you

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Andrew21 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I thought that maybe most of the posts around here are where people just say stuff, interesting or not, where we can learn from other peoples mistakes, instead of talking about HIV in africa that no one really cares that much about when really there is f*ck all to learn from that. Im not trying to come off strong or insulting or whatever, but like I always say, i"m just trying to be realistic here or maybe that doesn't make anysence, bah, whocares osti.

"Talk is cheap...acting... is....better... something like that."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that mindfields19 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Disenchanted - I went through a very VERY similar experience about two years ago, junior year of high school. Let me tell you that throwing your garbage to the curb now is the best thing for you. There comes a point when living your life according to YOUR terms rules over any amount of social obligations to those you consider friends. There was a point of deep anxiety, almost a pain, because I felt the need to be out and about and doing the things that I thought constituted a social life. Learning how to make the right decisions and be myself lead me to the happiest point of my life; now!

I am doing great! Freshman year is winding down but everything seems to be going my way. Luckily, I am still as giddy about my future as I was a year ago, despite how much things have changed.

"In the beginning, night was memory was water, and in the cool aquamarine depths dreams swam freely."
How are you?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy